So I feel like I just did one of these updates (probably because I just did) but I wanted to stay up to date on them so I'm doing August too. I didn't get much accomplished in August, it was a crazy month between vacation and going back to school. I'm trying to catch my breath now and then make a plan for the rest of the year so I can accomplish most of these goals.
Here's how I'm doing after 8 months. I have
broken them down into three categories (on-going, one time and
it's easier for me to update. The goals are in black and my current
month comments are in red.
1. Lose 40 pounds - one for each year - Lost
of the 40 lbs. I am back to pre-vacation weight and accomplished my goal of maintaining over the summer. I did really well with my eating and working out the second half of August and am hoping to continue this for the next 3 months, until I hit the craziness of Nov/Dec.
2. Read 12 books - I was so close last year! - Read 10 of the 12. I finished 1 book this month, "A Visit From The Goon Squad." It was just an OK book. I didn't think the story pulled all of the characters together very well, but some of the individual stories were interesting. I'm continuing on this list of 50 books this month and am excited to be re-reading Anne Frank's diary.
3. Go on 12 dates with Adrian - Went on 12
the 12!! We had one date night in Aug, we went to see "Wicked" for our final Broadway show of the season. I'm excited that we already hit 12 and still have 4 more months in the year. I'm hoping we get 4 more dates. I'm also a little sad that we don't have guaranteed dates next year since we cancelled our Broadway season tickets. But it was for the best. We're not interested in most of the shows coming next year. I'm excited to be able to do some new things in the next few months!
4. Get rid of 12 bags of stuff - I
got rid of 1 bag of clothes this month. Before school started, I went through all of the boys clothes and got rid of a ton of stuff. I also cleaned up their homework/art work area and got rid of a bunch of stuff. Next month I tackle the play room! 10 of the 12 bags are gone.
5. Take 1 picture every day for the year - Up to date on this 244 of 366. You can see them here.
6. Go on 2 special dates with AJ - Went
on 1 out of 2. I took AJ & Daniel to see Snoopy: The Musical at
the local children's theater in April. We had so much fun! We stopped
at Krispy Kreme for donuts on our way home too. I'm counting this for
both boys & may aim for 3 dates each, another together & one
7. Go on 2 special dates with Daniel - Went on 1 out of 2. See above
8. Go on 2 special dates with Zak - Went on 1 out of 2. Zak and I dropped the boys off to school one day and went to Zoombeezi Bay alone. It was so much fun to have some one on one time with him away from our day to day life!!
9. Do a 365 day exercise streak - 114 days of 365 for take 2 at this streak. So far I've exercised every day from May 10th through Aug 31st. I hit a mini milestone in this goal by going longer than I did during the first try this past week. No plans to slow down!
10. Finish the 30 Day Shred - Did 0 days of 30 - I need to get started on this one!
11. Attend one class each week that isn't mine - Did
this 15 weeks out of 52. I have been going to at least one class that isn't mine every week since the boys started school. Check out my weekly workout recaps for more details.
12. Teach an average of 5 classes each week - Did
this 29 weeks out of 52. I missed a week in Aug since I was on vacation, but since I've been back I've been a teaching machine. I'm doing at least 8 classes each week & they are getting bigger since everyone is getting back to their routine with their kids in school
13. Menu plan and prep our dinners each week - Did
this 28 weeks out of 52. I planned every week this month except for the week we were on vacation.
14. Go to church every Sunday - Did this 25 weeks out of 52.
I missed 1 week in Aug because of vacation. I also volunteered in childcare every Sun this month.
15. Do one blog post each week - I did 11 posts in July, easily one per week. I hope you're enjoying all of my posts!
16. Pay off our Best Buy card and not incur any new debt - The
Best Buy card is payed off!! We bought the new car so that counts as
new debt and we invested in a costly (not insurance covered) therapy for
AJ so that also created some new debt. We have a plan for paying the
therapy off and I feel good about where we are.
17. Have a family board game night once per month - Did
this 8 out of 12 months
18. Have a family movie night once per month - Did
this 8 out of 12 months (Inside Out, Charlie Brown Valentine's special,
Justice League Frost Fight, Big Hero 6, Star Wars, Avengers, Pokemon movie, Back to the Future)
19. Have a family video game night once per month - Did this 8 out of 12 months
20. Go to 4 Zumba jams this year - Went
to my 2 out of 4 and I loved every minute of it!
21. Make one homemade breakfast for us each month - I did not do this again in Aug. I'm slacking on this goal, probably because we're so rarely home for breakfast.
22. Go zip lining
23. Go on a family hike in Hocking Hills
24. Host an alcohol exchange with my girl friends
25. Power wash and stain our play set
26. Renovate our downstairs bathroom
27. Conquer the Lynd's corn maze in the fall
28. Renew our Zoombeezi Bay passes and go at least once every other week over the summer - I
renewed our passes this summer and we went four times so far this
summer. There are about 12 weeks in our summer break so my goal is to
go 6 times.
29. Go to Dollywood - We
will not be doing this one. We decided between the heat, the cost and
the fact that there was more than enough to do in TN we would not invest
in this on our recent trip to TN. It will stay on the bucket list for
30. Go on a family trip to Tennessee - Done!!
31. See 2 movies that aren't animated - Done!! I've actually seen 3 - "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," "Ant Man" & "Avengers: Age of Ultron"
32. Go on family camping trip - Done!
NJ was a camping trip and we survived 8 nights in the tent. Not sure
if we'll get to do another one or not this fall, will have to see how
our schedule pans out.
33. Go on a family trip to NJ - Done!! You can read part 1 and part 2 of the recap and part 3 should be up this week. Spoiler Alert - It was an amazing week, we had a blast!!
34. Go to Six Flags Great Adventure - Done! I rode El Toro & The Joker, I was a happy ride warrior.
35. Do something special to celebrate mine & Adrian's 10 year wedding anniversary
- We bought a new car. :) We also had a very nice date night where we
bought new dishes and went back to Carrabba's, the restaurant we went
to for our first date. We were hoping to do something a little bigger,
but 3 vacations & a new car in the same year seems like enough.
36. Go on a family trip to Dallas - Done! You can read about it here, here, here and here.
37. Get 1 fitness certification - Done!!
Got Silver Sneakers Classic & Silver Sneakers Circuit in March.
Also got Zumba Gold in May. Going above & beyond on this
38. Go to the doctor for routine check up and tests - Done!
Did my physical, pap, blood work & mammogram in March. Everything
looks great, I'm supposed to keep doing what I'm doing!
39. Tour Dallas Cowboys stadium - Done,
sort of. It was actually closed for the guided tours while we were
there. But we drove around it, took some pictures & went in the Pro
Shop. I'm considering it done.
40. Go to Six Flags Over Texas - Done! Also hit Six Flags St Louis, loved that park