Monday, September 19, 2016

Keeping Up With...Family (Weekly Wrap 8/5 - 8/11)

This post is really late & I almost didn't write it since it happened a month ago.  But I like the idea of having the whole summer journaled so I decided to go ahead and write what I can remember.  We pick up with the last few days in Gatlinburg, TN.  If you missed the start of the week, you can read about it here.

Friday (8/5) was our last full day in TN.  The boys wanted to go to another arcade and I did not.  So Adrian took them and I got to spend time with my family tasting moonshine.  We went back to Sugarlands Distillery which was so fun.  We even got to see the bar tender Andrew again.  Then we hit another one next door which wasn't very good at all.  We ended the day at Doc Collier's Distillery which had some pretty tasty moonshine as well.  We were quite buzzed walking and riding the trolley home!

After we all got safely home, we spent some time packing up and getting ready to go our separate ways in the morning.  We played a few more games, took some selfies and mostly had a relaxing night.  We watched the Dollywood fireworks one more time from our deck and called it a night.

Saturday (8/6) we were all up early to hit the road back to NJ/FL/TX/OH.  It was a really great week and we had lots of family time together!  But all good things must come to an end so we packed up our stuff, cleaned out the kitchen (so much food!) and headed out.  Our ride home was very rough, as they always are.  We are all tired and cranky and the ride home seems to take forever.  We did enjoy stopping at Steak and Shake for lunch.  We did not enjoy somehow losing AJ's brand new sneaker (yes, only one) at a random gas station along the way.  He must have kicked it off and it fell out of the packed car before we noticed.  So frustrating!  We were very glad to get home and relax for the evening!
Sunday (8/7) was a recovery day.  Not a whole lot to write about.  We unpacked, did laundry, set up some things for the week & the upcoming school year, played video games and rested.  It was SO nice to have a day between traveling and getting back to our daily routine!

Monday (8/8) was another recovery day for us.  We did some food shopping, watched a lot of Olympics, unpacked and got ready for school to start next week.  Not very exciting but very necessary.

Tuesday (8/9) we had a totally free day so we headed up to Zoombeezi Bay.  We spent a few hours playing there.  We did the wave pool, Baboon Lagoon and the lazy river multiple times.  We tried to go to Tiny Tides but it was closed for the day.  It was pretty hot so it was a perfect day to go to the Bay!  We really enjoyed ourselves, wish we had more time over the summer to go.
Wednesday (8/10) started with AJ's well check at his pediatrician as well as his 3 month med check.  He's doing great, he gained a bunch of weight in the past 3 months, probably due to all the yummy food we ate on our vacations.  He also grew about an inch in the past year.  His doctor told us to just keep doing what we're doing.  After that we headed to the library to exchange out some books and make sure we had what we needed to finish our summer reading projects.  I asked the boys if they wanted to do anything else, but they just wanted to spend the day watching the Olympics...and reenacting them in our living room.
Thursday (8/11) we had a play date with AJ's friend Brooks from school.  Brooks has 2 brothers as well, ages 7 and 5, so we invited all three boys over the play.  It was a little chaotic, but all six boys had a great time and I survived the three hours!  They played in the yard, played video games and played with their Pokemon cards.  It was a fun final play date of the summer for us!!  I'm thankful AJ and Brooks have become such good friends and am also thankful they will be in class together again this coming school year.  He is a great kid from a great family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment