The weekend was pretty awesome, I went to my first Zumba Jam session of the year! It was so much fun to go and learn 5 new songs with a bunch of friends. The Jammer Lynn was awesome, such great energy and challenging but fun choreography. I introduced my first new song from the Jam this week and my classes seem to really like it. It's a fun song called "Zumba High" which I can relate to on a personal level. The singer is talking about how Zumba has changed her life for the better. If you've been around for a while, you know that's true of me as well.
|The whole crew of Jammers|
|Me, Lynn & Bridget after the Jam|
Wednesday, 2/18 - Did a 10 minute at home total body conditioning circuit
Thursday, 2/19 - Taught 2 Zumba classes and did 10 minutes of Total Body Conditioning
Friday, 2/20 - Taught 1 Zumba class and did a 10 minute yoga YouTube video
Saturday, 2/21 - Three hour Zumba Jam
Sunday, 2/22 - Rest Day
Monday, 2/23 - Taught 1 Zumba class and did a 10 minute arm workout
Tuesday, 2/24 - Taught 1 Zumba class and did 10 minutes of Total Body Conditioning
And a quick update on my weekly goals:
1. Continue teaching at least 6 Zumba classes each week. Only taught 5 this week due to 2 being cancelled for weather on Wednesday and then getting a sub for Mon night so I could make sure AJ got to his last hockey practice
2. Attend at least 2 classes other than mine each week. I'm considering the 3 hour jam as fulfilling this. I did totally new to me choreo which is a huge challenge
3. Do at least 10 minutes of strength training
4. Do at least 60 minutes of yoga or pilates each week. Fail again. I did 10 minutes this week. I'm really struggling with this one. I need to step this up.
5. Continue doing the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans monthly calendar. I am up to date on the Lose Your Love Handles February challenge.
Finally, my weigh in:
2/18 - 220
2/25 - 218
Change for the week - down 2 lbs
Change for the year - down 7 lbs of the 52 lbs I'm trying to lose (8th week of the year)
Yay for a loss! I had a pretty good week of staying on track eating wise, except for Sunday. And now I am back down to where I was before my two weeks of crazy eating so I'm happy about that. I have an active month planned for March so I'm hoping for some pretty big losses. Stay tuned!