Sunday, September 18, 2016

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 9/19 - 9/25)

It was a crazy week last week, but I managed to mostly stick to my menu plan.  On Friday Adrian came home not feeling well, so I just had leftovers for dinner and bumped one dish from last week to this week.  Our favorite dish from last week by far was the Homemade Taco Hamburger Helper - SO good!  We have a beast of a week coming up with lots of stuff going on, plus lots of make up homework for AJ and still fighting off some of these germs.

I'm mostly using up the leftover turkey from the turkey I'm roasting today.  We got another CSA bag last week with tons of tomatoes, string beans and different types of squash.  I'll be using up that stuff if I run out of turkey.  Most of the veggies will be used as I can this week and then I'll really focus on using them up next week.

Our weekend plans are up in the air right now.  My parents will be in town so I'm assuming we'll be getting together with them and my brother and his family.  But we haven't made any solid plans yet.  I'm not planning anything for Saturday or Sunday.  If we end up on our own for dinner one night, we'll have leftovers.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Tilapia Scampi with Zucchini and Ricotta Casserole
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday
Wednesday - Turkey Soup with English Muffin Garlic Bread
Thursday - Turkey Pot Pie and Roasted Squash
Friday - Tex Mex Turkey Soup and Salads
Saturday - leftovers or family dinner
Sunday - leftovers or family dinner

Water Flavor - Peach.  This is the first time I'm using peach in my infuser.  I honestly forgot about anything for it and haven't been able to get to the grocery store much the past week.  I'm looking forward to it!

Food Prep - I'm roasting the turkey today that I will use most of the week.  I have the food list made and I'm ready to shop tomorrow.  The water is set up for the week.  Fruit is cut up for snacks.  And I made protein ranch dressing and hard boiled eggs for lunches.  I'm also making Eggplant Pasta on Tuesday for lunch and Turkey Salad on either Tuesday or Wednesday for lunches.  I think I'm ready for the week!

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast.  Go check out the other blogs on the link up for some more yummy recipes!  Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment