Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Keeping Up With...Family (Texas Trip Recap Part 2)

If you missed the start of the trip, you can read about it here.

Sunday was the big day - my 40th birthday!!  Oh and also Easter Sunday.  Most of the family got up early to head to church but the boys and I decided to sleep in.  When everyone finally got home, we started the morning with a huge egg hunt for the cousins.  The Easter Bunny hid multiple eggs inside and outside the house.  The kids loved running around to find them all and then digging in to all the goodies.  We then enjoyed our traditional Polish Easter morning breakfast - kielbasa, eggs, farmer cheese, rye bread, meat pie (it's a heart attack waiting to happen - so good!)


After we got all of the Easter stuff out of the way, we moved on to the important stuff - celebrating mine and Antonia's birthdays!  She turned 2 a few days before we got there and we did a double party for both of us.  We had lots of presents, yummy cake and lots of family time.  It was really a great day just relaxing with family.  Adrian and I also got to escape for a little bit and go on a walk together to enjoy the beautiful Texas weather.  And my brother and father cooked an awesome dinner for us that night.  Seriously what's better than a day when I don't have to cook, clean or do laundry?  Plus I had help with the kids?  Best. Birthday. Ever!
Monday we headed to downtown Dallas to check out the Perot Museum of Nature & Science.  What a fantastic place!  We spent the whole day there and could probably have stayed longer.  We saw dinosaurs, played with robots, raced t-rex and so much more.  The boys loved every minute of it.  I think my favorite part was checking out the dinosaurs and seeing how interested the boys were in them.  I also enjoyed seeing everyone race the t-rex, especially my mom.  If you're ever in the area, especially with kids, check this museum out.  And make sure you spend the whole day, you'll need it.
Ready to go!
Cousins under the dino...
AJ created this bird - Swift Swooper

Daniel & Luci out for a drive
Zak was fascinated with this light machine.  I put his name up there for him later.
Adrian programing his robot
After fighting the traffic to get back out to where my brother lives, we decided to stop at a pizza place for dinner and to let the kids play some video games.  When we got home we were all exhausted after a very full and fun day!  I think I'll end part 2 there and pick up next time with our day trip to Fort Worth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment