Thursday, September 29, 2016

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Recap of 9/14 - 9/27)

This is a two week recap because I didn't have time to write last week.  I'm actually surprised I didn't find the time because I had a fantastic week...that probably shows how truly busy I was.  So I started the week still on a Zumba high from B2 training the prior weekend and it just continued all week!!

On Wednesday I had a very full class in a tiny classroom at my YMCA class at our satellite branch at Clark Hall.  I needed to figure out a creative way to still teach a great class.  I used some of the strategies I learned in B2 and then an opportunity presented itself.  I have a student who loves my class but sometimes is unaware of how much "space" she is using.  But she is bold, courageous & smiles all class.  So I asked her to come up to the front and dance with me up there.  She did the whole class up there.  She and I switched sides so the class was still able to see me most of the time.  She loved it.  They loved it.  I loved it.  It was a great hour!!
This was followed up by great classes all week, including one of my students coming back from NJ with two bags of my favorite potato chips.  And then on Saturday the stars aligned and my schedule worked so that I could attend a jam with one of my favorite jammers, Kaitlyn from Michigan!  It was just as awesome as I expected it to be!  We learned choreography to 5 songs, and all of them are awesome.  I already use one of the songs (with different choreo) so I'll use 4 of the ones we learned.  That's still really good for a jam.  I also had a great time there just chatting with other instructor friends and dancing for 3 hours.  I can't say enough how much I love going to jam sessions!
After all of that, the next full week of classes was great!  I was so energized from all that had happened the week before.  I added a new merengue to all of my classes and everyone really likes it.  Then this week I added a new soca, which is a new rhythm for my classes.  And everyone LOVES it!  I've gotten great feedback about that new song.  My schedule will change again next week when a new month starts, but it's actually a perfect schedule for me now.  I'm crossing my fingers (and working my butt off!) to keep this schedule as it is!

OK enough chatting about all of that.  Here is what I did last week:
Wednesday 9/14 - Taught 2 one hour Zumba class and walked back and forth from school
Thursday 9/15 - Taught a one hour Zumba Gold class & a one hour Zumba class and walked back and forth from school
Friday 9/16 - Walked back and forth from school (Didn't teach because AJ was sick)
Saturday 9/17 - Taught a one hour Zumba Toning class, did 20 minutes of core work after class and went to a 3 hour Zumba jam session
Sunday 9/18 - Worked in the concession stand at baseball for an hour (lots of walking) and practiced Zumba for 10 minutes
Monday 9/19 - Taught a one hour Zumba Toning class & a 45 minute Zumba Gold class and walked back and forth from school
Tuesday 9/20 - Taught a 45 minute Silver Sneakers class & a 45 minute Zumba Gold class and walked back and forth from school
Wednesday 9/21 - Taught 2 one hour Zumba class and walked back and forth from school
Thursday 9/22 - Taught 4 classes - a 45 minute Silver Sneakers class, a 45 minute Zumba Gold class, a one hour Zumba Gold class & a one hour Zumba class and walked back and forth from school
Friday 9/23 - Taught a one hour Zumba class and walked back and forth from school
Saturday 9/24 - Taught a one hour Zumba Toning class
Sunday 9/25 - Walked around my living room & kitchen for 10 minutes to keep the streak going
Monday 9/26 - Taught a one hour Zumba Toning class & a 45 minute Zumba Toning class
Tuesday 9/27 - Taught a 45 minute Silver Sneakers class & a 45 minute Zumba Gold class and walked back and forth from school

Whew!  That is a lot of exercise.  I've also been doing really well with eating well and staying under my calorie goal each day.  I tend to take Sundays off and that is working for me.  Last week I lost 4 pounds (yay!) and this week I lost another 1 pound (yay!)  I'm really excited to see the scale moving so much.  This past week was hard as my parents were in town so we were off our schedule and I was eating things I don't normally eat, like delicious homemade pizza.  I'm also getting in as many walks to school as possible before it gets too cold for us to walk.  And with my schedule change I should be able to get to 1 or 2 classes each week that aren't mine.  All good things happening and I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment