Thursday, September 1, 2016

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Recap of 8/24 - 8/30)

Another great week of workouts in the books and I again got to classes that were not mine.  However the big deal in exercise this week has been trying to figure out my schedule for the next few weeks.  I've had lots of opportunities and for that I am extremely grateful.  And I am happy that everything panned out wonderfully for me, but I also had to play the waiting game for a while and I have to give up a few classes that I love.

The good news is that I will start working at a new gym Brickhouse Cardio Club in Gahanna.  I will be teaching there two mornings per week, Silver Sneakers Classic and Zumba Gold back to back.  I'm excited to teach these classes because they are a really nice change up from the pounding my body takes teaching regular Zumba and Zumba Toning.  I'll be there every Tues and Thurs starting next week.  If you are local and want to check out a class, let me know and I'll get you more details!!

The not so good news is that I will be leaving the gym I have been at the longest, the one who gave me my start as an instructor.  I have been back and forth about this but I believe it's time to close that chapter.  I love the students there and will miss them terribly!!  But I hope we will stay in touch and I'm sure our Zumba paths will cross again.  I will teach there one morning per week through the end of Sept so again if you want to come dance with me, let me know and I'll give you more details.

And finally in addition to adding the two new class at Brickhouse, I'm also adding a corporate class to my schedule.  I have taught there from time to time in the past, 6 weeks at a time.  But now they have their own onsite fitness center with a group exercise room so they want classes full time.  I'm there for 6 weeks for now, but if they go well (fingers crossed!!) I will continue on there.

OK enough about my ever changing schedule.  I'm just very glad it's all figured out.  Most of last week was Zumba, still trying to find my routine with the boys going to school.  But I did teach part of a Silver Sneakers class and then stay for the rest of the class with the other teacher.  And I also went back to PiYo class on Friday, I plan to rotate between that and Relentless starting this Friday.  I am also hoping to get to Body Pump most Weds mornings & Barre class on Monday mornings starting in Oct.

Here's what I did last week:
Wednesday - Taught/took a 45 minute Silver Sneakers class, taught a one hour Zumba class and walked back and forth from school for pick up.
Thursday - Taught a one hour Zumba class, a one hour Zumba Toning class & a one hour Zumba Gold class and walked back and forth from school for pick up.
Friday - Took a one hour PiYo class, taught a one hour Zumba class and walked back and forth from school for pick up.
Saturday - Taught a one hour Zumba Toning class
Sunday - Rest Day.  Practice Zumba for about 15 minutes
Monday - Taught a one hour Zumba Toning class, a one hour Zumba class and walked back and forth from school for pick up.
Tuesday - Rest day.  Walked back and forth from school to pick up the boys

Great work out week!  It was not a particularly good eating week, my hormones won this battle.  But it wasn't as bad as it could have been (minus the Jets pizza on Sunday - yum!)  I maintained this week which is what I expected.  I'm happy about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment