1. Do 13 races in 2013 - I finished three races in May & June, CapCity 1/4 marathon, Fast 5 5K & Columbus 10K, bringing my total for the year to 9. I also did Color Palooza, but since that wasn't time chipped I didn't count that one. I'm on a great pace for this goal, wondering if I may get 20 in for the year?
2. Exercise 5 days/week - I have been up and down with this but for the most part I'm doing pretty well. It is harder now that the boys don't have school, but I'm getting to the gym a few mornings each week, a few nights & I'm walking every Sun. I suffered a minor setback this week when I hurt my back on Monday. I have been pretty much sedentary since that happened, but plan to kick off July right tomorrow!
3. Do monthly challenges - In May & June I focused on burning 500 calories every day in the month. This was a very interesting challenge to do. I didn't burn the calories every day, but was over the total goal for the month of May & finished about 100 calories short in June. I planned to do 30 day shred in June, but I could never get motivated to do it. I'm not sure if I just suck at in home working out or if I just don't really like Shred. I'm planning to start Insanity tomorrow, will see if I can stick with that better. I've heard great things about it!
Weight Loss Goals
1. Stay under my calorie goal for the day for 13 out of 14 days - Again, I was all over the place with this. I would go for lots of days straight, then be over the goal for lots of days. I don't see this getting any easier in July with lots of things planned, most of them centered around food. I will be focusing on exercise a lot this month!
2. Lose 1-2 lbs/week - This hasn't happened. I'm actually altering this one for the summer months as well to just maintain my lowest weight which was 215. If I can be there when I weigh in Aug 14 I will be a happy camper!
3. Get under 200 lbs by
1. Declutter this house - I've had to go back & reorganize & declutter a few places I already did this year. I redid all the boys clothes & switched out sizes & seasons. I also redid our pantry & am in the middle of going thru their toys. Adrian & I also decluttered our clothes. And I finally got to our linen closet & have 3 huge bags of stuff from there ready to go out for donation on Tuesday. My goal for July is to get thru some papers in the loft & our books.
2. Read at least 12 books this year - I finished 1 book in May: "Wonder" by R.J. Palacio. This book was wonderful!! I highly recommend it!! Then I finished 2 books in June: "Bossypants" by Tina Fey which was hilarious and "Summer Sisters" by Judy Blume which was also great & I highly recommend. I have hit a great streak of books right now, yay! This brings my total to 10 for the year - seems like I'll be able to hit this goal.
3. Take one picture each day - This has been a super fun challenge so far! Not like I needed to take more pictures, but it is a really cool way to chronicle the year. You can check out the pictures on Facebook. Still going strong with this one, haven't missed a day yet, although some days are harder than others.
5. More consistent blogging - I have done quite a bit of blogging in May & June, although not always in the time I would like. Hope you're all enjoying keeping up with us!
How are your goals for 2013 going??