Monday, March 31, 2014

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu 3/31 - 4/6)

We spent half of last week celebrating my birthday and it was a lot of fun.  But of course I didn't eat real well and didn't really stick to my menu plan.  Luckily I could shuffle a few things around, use up the veggies that are turning first and I should be good to go for this week.  This is another weird week since my Mom is still here and my Dad flies in for next weekend.  At least I'll have help with the cooking!  And it's always great to spend time with them, I don't get to see them enough since they are in FL.

I did have and upsetting event this past week:
My beloved slow cooker lid broke.  It actually broke a few months ago, I have glued it on a few times.  But this one was the last straw, it seems like every time I use it & wash it, the handle breaks.  It still works & I actually have another lid that fits pretty well, but since it was my birthday I decided to ask for this:
Isn't it pretty?? And it matches my sort of new red coffee pot.  Now to figure out how to break replace the toaster for Mother's Day.  I can't wait to cook something in it!  Too bad nothing this week is slow cooker.  Maybe next week...

Here's what I'm cooking this week:
Monday, 3/31 - Chili Stuffed Squash - this didn't get made this weekend & I can't wait to make it!
Tuesday, 4/1 - Mexican eggs (Relish recipe) - this also didn't get made this past weekend
Wednesday, 4/2 -  Chicken with Mushrooms (Relish recipe)
Thursday, 4/3 - Southwestern Pork Stew (Relish recipe)
Friday, 4/4 - Chicken Gumbo (Relish recipe)
Saturday, 4/5 - Out to my brother's house for dinner.  He's making sauce & we're having another cake to celebrate my birthday.
Sunday, 4/6 - Spending the day with my parents, not sure what we'll do for dinner.  There has been talk of Thurman's To Go.  Yum.

I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast & Jill at Fitness, Health and Happiness.  Go check them out for some more yummy recipes!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! Bummer about the crock pot, but I love the new one. We're hitting that stage in our marriage where little things that we bought 10 years ago are starting to break... ugh.

    ReplyDelete