Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Injured)

About 4 months ago I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis by my amazing foot doctor.  He "shot my foot" (as Daniel keeps saying, it was a cortisone injection) and with some stretching and a brace a few nights each week I was doing fine.  Last Thursday I woke up with a familiar pain in the bottom of my foot.  I did my normal stretching & went about my day.  As the day went on, it got worse & the stretching was hurting more than helping.  I called my favorite doctor (seriously, he's awesome.  And you don't have to take off any clothes to see him, win!)

I went in for an appointment on Friday and after some x-rays they found that because of the planter fasciitis, I had an inflamed bursa sac.  The treatment was antibiotics, stretching and rest.  I did two of the three.  I tried my best to rest it, but I had a super busy weekend.  I did spend Saturday night like this:
Numbing the pain
Now I am almost a week out of the initial pain and I'm feeling much better.  I've been trying to rest & pick my foot up as much as possible.  And I've been stretching more than usual.  I have a follow up visit for April and if I'm still in pain then I will get another cortisone injection.  I'm hoping it's fine, those things hurt!

I was been super busy this weekend because I had 4 Zumba auditions this past week.  And I am happy to say that I am back up to at least 4 classes each week, possibly 5.  I'm also on the sub list at a bunch of gyms so that may yield more work.  All of the lasses start in April and I'm super excited to start my new "normal" and get back to a good routine.

Here is how last week looked:
Wednesday, 3/19 - One hour TBC class with my awesome friend Beth.  I'm SO glad this class is back on my regular schedule!!
Thursday, 3/20 - One hour PlyoFit class (my new favorite) in the am & taught one hour Zumba class in the evening
Friday, 3/21 - Rest Day because of foot pain
Saturday, 3/22 - 2.5 hours of Zumba including a one hour class at Body Rebellion where I'll be subbing and an audition at AussieFit where I'll be working starting next Fri
Sunday, 3/23 - Taught a one hour Zumba class.  Only one friend showed up so she helped me rehearse and fix my playlist for my upcoming auditions.
Monday, 3/24 - 55 minutes on the elliptical - a new personal best!!
Tuesday, 3/25 - 10 minutes on the elliptical and taught a one hour Zumba class for an audition at Victory Fitness.  I'm waiting to hear back but hopefully this will be class #5

Weigh in:
3/12 weight - 215
3/26 weight - 215
Change - none 

If you are a regular reader, you'll remember that last week I didn't weigh in for my own sanity.  I had a carb induced coma the weekend before so I knew I'd be up.  I'm very happy to see that I maintained over the 2 week period.  Now it's time for my birthday celebration, so I may not weigh in again next week, I'll see how I feel.  But April will be hit the gas hard for me and I'm hoping to see big results on the scale!

No comments:

Post a Comment