Monday, March 3, 2014

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 3/3 - 3/9)

We did pretty good last week staying on our menu plan.  I had to shuffle a few things around when we decided to get pizza for our family date night on Fri night.  And then since the weather looked bad we cancelled our dinner with my brother (for no reason, we got no snow!)

The one negative of our menu last week was that it yielded very few leftovers.  Adrian takes the leftovers for his lunches at work, and I usually use them for my lunch as well.  Last week I had to figure out other things to eat.  And he took our last container of leftovers today.  I have some turkey frozen from the last time I made it so I'm hoping to make turkey noodle soup this week to give us some lunch options.

We have a busy week so once again staying with our menu will be super important.  We are staying home today so I'm hoping to do some food prep today, including setting up tomorrow's dinner.  Thankfully I have a few meals in the freezer just in case things don't go as planned this week.
A highlight from last week - crab cakes, asparagus & coleslaw
Here's what's on our menu this week:
Monday, 3/3 - Pork & Pears with Lemon Vodka Sauce (Relish recipe)
Tuesday, 3/4 - Eggplant Lasagna - hoping to make this today
Wednesday, 3/5 - Shrimp Quesadillas (Relish recipe)
Thursday, 3/6 - Taco Salad (Relish recipe)
Friday, 3/7 - Apricot Lemon Chicken (Relish recipe) - this is a slow cooker meal because I will be out all day volunteering at AJ's school and then we have date night
Saturday, 3/8 - Lasagna Rollata Al Forno (Relish recipe) - squeezing this in between walking 9 miles, a birthday party and a Zumbathon
Sunday, 3/9 - Chicken Fried "Rice" (Relish recipe) - subbing cauliflower for rice

I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast & Jill at Fitness, Health and Happiness.  Go check them out for some more yummy recipes!

What's on your menu this week?

2 comments:

  1. Yummy menu! Leftovers are a must in my house for a smooth running week :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shrimp quesadilla, yum!! Leftovers are hard to plan for... sometimes we have tons and other weeks we eat them all for lunch and are scrambling for extra dinner ideas, too. I try to keep extra eggs, beans, tortillas etc for last minute throw together meals!

    ReplyDelete