Sunday, March 30, 2014

Keeping Up With...Family (Spring Break)

This past week was spring break for the boys, although the weather was not very spring like.  I asked the boys what they wanted to do this week and they said relax and hang out around the house, so that's pretty much what we did.  I wanted to keep a little bit of a schedule, so we headed to the gym a few times.  Had a few friends over the play dates.  And relaxed a lot!

The biggest excitement of the week was Wednesday night when my mom flew in from Florida to spend about 10 days with us.  The boys were so excited to see her when they woke up Thursday morning.  Well, two of them were, Zak was freaked out by the strange lady sleeping in his room.  We spent Thursday just hanging around, celebrating my birthday.  Then Friday Adrian took off and we had a fun family day.  Our plan was to go to the zoo, but the weather didn't cooperate so we went to Polaris instead.  Then we made homemade pizza for dinner & had more birthday cake for me.

Saturday and Sunday have been spent getting caught up on stuff around the house (the maid took Thurs & Fri off to celebrate her birthday) and hanging with the boys.  Saturday Adrian took the two big boys bowling and they had a blast.  Both boys really enjoy bowling and are getting pretty good at it.  Daniel bowled a 93 yesterday!  Of course that was with bumpers, but that's still a pretty good score.  They also enjoyed playing air hockey & ski ball in the arcade there.

This week we are back to our regular schedules with school, hockey, tee ball and the gym.  My mom will still be here all week, although she is spending a few days at my brother's house as well.  My dad flies in Thurs night so we'll be spending the whole weekend with family next weekend.  I'm looking forward to it all!!

A few pictures from our week:
Two cuties in the tub
Enjoying some Graeter's ice cream for Mom's birthday
Zak enjoying the slide at Polaris Mall
AJ hanging with Mom & Dad while the little ones play
Daniel the tiger tamer

My birthday cake.  I'm not 35, it's 35 plus 3 = 38

No comments:

Post a Comment