Sunday, March 16, 2014

Keeping Up With...Family (Retreat Weekend!)

So this is really about the whole family, it's about my retreat weekend with my friends.  Honestly since I left on Thurs night and am up here in Oak Harbor at the Inspiration Inn Bloom, I don't have a lot to write about the guys.  They are having a fun weekend with Dad and I'm sure I'll hear all about it when I get back.

I have been lucky enough to go away on a retreat weekend with my girlfriends twice a year for the past 4 years.  The group has changed and the places have changed, but the result is always the same.  I come back from the weekend refreshed and mostly rested.  This retreat is a weekend away at a scrapbooking bed and breakfast.  It is fabulous and I feel super spoiled!

I got here late Thursday night and pretty much just chit chatted with my friends then headed up for an early bed time.  They were able to get here earlier on Thursday, but I had too much going on to sneak away.  I slept like a rock Thursday night and woke up refreshed, if a little early, Friday morning.

My room that I'm sharing with Marcie
Love the nautical theme in my room!
Sleep mask that we got as a gift for being here.
And of course a mint on my pillow

While my friends are here scrapbooking, I'm here tackling my never ending to do list.  I got started bright and early Fri morning by calling around to about 15 gyms to try to get a new Zumba job.  I left a bunch of messages and will hopefully hear back soon from some places.  I do have one audition that I'm super excited about at Victory Fitness.  The rest of the day I just relaxed and checked things off my list.
Our table for the weekend...and our beautiful view
The pampering started with Friday night's dinner.  From Fri around 6:00 until Sun at 4:00 I have been instructed not to lift a finger.  We sit down for our meals and they are served to us.  Fri night we had BBQ beef sandwiches, mac & cheese and string beans.  Then about 2 hours later we had an amazing carmel brownie sundae for dessert.
YUM!
 They told us breakfast would be at 9:30 Saturday morning.  We joked about setting an alarm, but I thought, there's no way I'll sleep that late.  9:15 I jumped out of bed to run downstairs for breakfast.  Guess I was more tired than I thought!
Breakfast - egg casserole, hashbrowns, cinnamon roll and fruit
Saturday was spent much the same as Friday, checking things off the list, including catching up on Box Tops for AJ's school and researching for the Easter party for Daniel's class.  I also ate a bunch, chit chatted a ton and relaxed.  And I got an early birthday present from Adrian, a wonderful pedicure.
Pretty purple toes
Saturday most of us stayed up late working on pictures and watching movies.  We got a surprise midnight snack.  It was so cute.  The "pamperista" brought around a cart with snacks on it for us.
The snack cart
Milk and cookies
Root Beer Float
Sunday is already going by way too fast.  We are doing more of the same, crafting, chatting and eating.  We can stay until 4:00, but I'll be heading out a little early, my 4 guys miss me.  Soon after this delicious brunch, I'll pack up and head back south towards home.
Blueberry Stuffed French Toast
It has been an amazing and wonderful weekend.  And I'm ready to take on the next week...or at least Monday.  Thanks to all at the Inspiration Inn Bloom and my friends for a fantastic weekend!  See you in in Sept!

No comments:

Post a Comment