Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Keeping Up With...Workouts (3/12 - 3/18)

It's been a pretty bad week around here for workouts.  I feel like I say this every week, but I'm really having a hard time finding my routine.  Ugh!

I did take some time out of my amazing retreat weekend to call around & do some research for Zumba jobs at local gyms.  I left messages at about 10 places, filled out 2 online applications and got one audition scheduled for next week.  I'm also hoping to hear about an audition at AussieFit very soon.  If neither audition pans out, I will call everyone again throughout the week next week.

Once I get my teaching schedule set, I'm going to seriously reevaluate my workouts and make a plan for myself.  I'm on the fence (again) about the half marathon.  I'm not sure where I'll land for a gym.  The summer will be hard since I won't want to drag the boys out to the gym every day.  I have some ideas & I'm going to make a plan and stick to it starting April 1st.  I'm going to do the best I can for the rest of March, especially since next week is party week for my birthday!

Here's what my workouts looked like last week:
Wednesday, 3/12 - Rest day because Zak freaked out at the gym
Thursday, 3/13 - No one showed up for my Zumba class so rest day
Friday, 3/14 - 1.5 mile walk in my awesome new shoes
Saturday, 3/15 - Nothing, retreat weekend
Sunday, 3/16 - Nothing, retreat weekend
Monday, 3/17 - Tried a new class, Battlebells.  I really enjoyed it and I'm still sore 2 days later.  Also 30 minutes on the elliptical
Tuesday, 3/18 - Nothing, boys didn't want to go out

I didn't weigh in this week, I know I'm up and I'm OK with it.  I'm guessing about 3 lbs, that's pretty typical for me after a retreat weekend.  I'll weigh in again next Weds and hope to be where I was last week.  Here's to a better week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment