Monday, March 24, 2014

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu 3/24 - 3/30)

What an interesting week we have ahead of us!  It's spring break for the boys which means lots of time relaxing and hanging out as a family.  It also means a break from pick up and drop off which should mean more time to cook.  However it is also my birth-week which means I'm taking some time this week to relax.  And my mom is coming to town so I get to have our family tradition of homemade pizza for my birthday!

Last week we did pretty well about staying on our menu plan.  I didn't cook on Saturday, after 2 hours of (unplanned) Zumba, I was really exhausted.  Plus with all the basketball Adrian wanted a "cheat" meal.  I didn't want to undo all of the exercise so he went & picked up dinner for us, Chipotle for him and Panera for me.  I got to "cheat" but still stay under my calorie goal for the day, win!
St Patrick's dinner from last week - green scrambled eggs (made green with spinach & pesto)
I planned out our week last night but then I noticed our fridge is stuffed with leftovers so I'm switching the menu around a little on the fly.  I want to empty some of the fridge out...and make room for pizza leftovers!  The plan is to eat in my calorie goal Mon-Weds, then take a few days off to celebrate and back on the plan by next Mon.

Here is the plan for the week:
Monday, 3/24 - Buffalo Chicken Tacos with Brussels Sprouts that I bought on a whim
Tuesday, 3/25 - Leftovers
Wednesday, 3/26 - Gnocchi and Sausage Soup with leftover Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
Thursday, 3/27 - Tortilla Chicken Casserole (bumped from last week)
Friday, 3/28 - PIZZA made by my mom & hubby!  Can't wait!  We are planning on 6 pizzas - cheese, pepperoni, sausage, white, veggie & wildcard (usually use up all the toppings we have left).  And Coldstone cake!
Saturday, 3/29 -  Brunch with friends & then Chili Stuffed Squash for dinner
Sunday, 3/30 - Mexican eggs for brunch and Potato Soup for dinner (both Relish recipes)

I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast & Jill at Fitness, Health and Happiness.  Go check them out for some more yummy recipes!

What's on your menu this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment