Thursday, March 13, 2014

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Zumbathon!)

So even though I've been in a little funk with my workouts and Zumba teaching since the gym closed, I had an awesome time organizing my first ever Zumbathon this past weekend.  A few months ago I had volunteered to do this fundraiser for Daniel's preschool and the day finally arrived on Saturday.

We had about 30 people there for two hours of Zumba fun.  About half of them had never done Zumba before, or never did it with me as their instructor.  The other half were my friends from the gym that just missed my class.

I had a hard time narrowing down my play list to just over an hour.  I wanted to do every song I had!  I had my awesome friend Jaime co-instructing with me so I did about 75 minutes and she did about 30 minutes.  We also did 2 songs together.  And then I cut another two songs to let my other friend Joe lead a few songs.  It really felt like a mini-reunion and just a big party, so much fun!!

Everyone had an awesome time and we raised a good amount of money for the preschool.  Most of the people who came are asking for a weekly class, so the church is looking into getting that on their schedule.  We would do it as a fundraiser for the preschool, which would be pretty cool!  It would be open to the community so people who are missing my weekly classes would be able to attend as well.  I'll keep you posted if it happens.

Most of the group (a few left early)
Zumba Love!
Instructors (me, Joe, Jaime & Aziza)
Here's how the rest of the week has looked.  Again, I've been in a bit of a funk.  Don't feel like exercising or eating right.  I'm giving myself some grace and some time off and lots of cookies.  I'm away on my girls' retreat this weekend but when I get back on Monday, I am hitting it hard!  I will be back in the gym on a regular basis.  I will hopefully be adding one or two Zumba classes to my schedule.  And I will be starting a trial at CrossFit.  Plus I'll be finishing training for my half marathon.

Wednesday, 3/5 - Rest/lazy day
Thursday, 3/6 - Taught a 60 minute Zumba class (pm)
Friday, 3/7 - Rest/lazy day
Saturday, 3/8 - Zumbathon!  2 hours of Zumba
Sunday, 3/9 - Taught a 60 minute Zumba class, 20 minutes on elliptical
Monday, 3/10 - 40 minutes on the elliptical (new time PR!), 20 minutes on the treadmill
Tuesday, 3/11 - 3.5 miles of walking outside!!

Weigh in:
3/5 weight - 211
3/12 weight - 215
Change - up 4 lbs

I'm starting to feel like a ping pong ball, bouncing up and down between 210 and 215.  I know the reasons why, just can't seem to break thru this.  Hoping April will be my month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment