Saturday, July 1, 2017

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 6/16 - 6/22 - Part 1)

Friday (6/16) Last day of Cub Scout Day Camp!!  We were all very tired and slow moving this morning but we got out and got up to camp in plenty of time.  Adrian was able to take the day off and come with us to get a little taste of the camp.  He walked with AJ and they did BB guns, Gaga Ball and made a paracord bracelet that has steel, flint, a compass and a whistle in it.  It is pretty cool!  AJ had a good time doing everything, although he got upset during BB guns because he was having a hard time hitting the target.  I walked with Daniel and we hiked down the hill one last time where they did water fun, troop games and sling shot.  Daniel loved sling shot and begged me to do it as well, which I happily did again.  Zak went to sibling circle for the morning and he made a fun tie dye shirt.
After all of our activities, we went to the closing ceremony on the very hot hill.  It was a little hard to hear, but all of the Arrows did different skits.  AJ's group did a great job with theirs, they worked very hard on it.  When the ceremony was finished and camp dismissed, we made one more stop at the Kona ice truck and then headed home for the day.  It was an amazing and fun week but also exhausting.  I'm so glad I was there to experience the whole thing with the boys and can't wait to go back again next year!!
Once we got home and everyone had lunch, we pretty much decided to just rest and recuperate the rest of the day.  The boys played some video games, I did a few things around the house and Adrian had to work for a few hours.  I slow cooked some ribs for dinner which came out awesome!  Then Adrian had to take Daniel to his final baseball practice of the season.  They have a tournament this weekend so coach wanted to make sure they were ready to go!  I stayed home with the other two and had them in bed early since AJ has another early morning tomorrow.  We all went right to sleep when our heads hit our pillows!

Saturday (6/17) started early for Adrian and AJ because they headed downtown to the Origins gaming conference.  Unfortunately for me, Daniel and Zak didn't get the memo that we could sleep in so we were all up pretty early as well.  We had a slow start to the morning and then we got ready for Daniel's first baseball game.  His team won easily and we rushed home for some lunch and some A/C before game two later in the afternoon.
We headed back to the field for game two in the afternoon and it turned out we were playing a team that has a lot of Daniel's friends on it.  He was bummed we had to play against them again.  Once again, the team won pretty easy.  Adrian and AJ drove out to pick up Daniel and take him back downtown to the Origins conference since he didn't want to miss out on it.  I came home with Zak and we enjoyed a very quiet night of take out Chinese (for me, McDonald's for him), video games and TV.  I would have gone to bed early, but he did not want to go to bed without his brothers.

The three guys finally got home from Origins close to 11pm.  They had a blast!!  They walked around and saw a bunch of stuff, although it was no where near everything that was there.  AJ and Daniel both battled different gym leaders in the Pokemon Sun and Moon tournament.  And all three of them played "True Dungeon" which is basically a real life "Dungeons and Dragons" game.  They were teamed up with another group of four people and they had to go on an adventure together.  Their team won their adventure, just barely escaping alive.  They won a bunch of tokens and one of the ones they got is worth $150!  They were all excited when they came home and want to go back tomorrow but we have a full day already.  So now they are making plans for next year's conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment