Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Keeping Up With...Fitness Goals (June Recap & July Goals)

Again, I crushed it in the family goals for this month, the fitness ones were just OK.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's hard to balance my own personal fitness with our busy family life and my work schedule.  I will say that I did have a great week of exercise when I taught 15 classes in 11 days and on the one day off from teaching I attended a three hour Zumba jam.  It was exhausting but also a lot of fun!  I am barely working out over Fourth of July weekend and plan to enjoy every minute of rest.


Here's how I did last month:
1.  Lose 4 lbs this month, which is 1 lb per week - I didn't lose a pound this month.  Then again I didn't gain so I guess that's good.  I am pretty disappointed because I worked really hard for most of the month.  But I didn't gain anything so I'll hold on to that.
2.  Do measurements at the end of the month & lose 1 inch total from my body (1 inch for 3 months) - I finally remembered to do my measurements this month!  Since I'm pretty much the same weight as I've been I wasn't expecting a lot of movement here.  I was surprised to see that I lost half an inch from each arm and from my waist.  However, I gained an inch in my hips so over all I ended up gaining about half an inch.  All in all I'm OK with this since I've been inconsistent the past few months.  I'm not giving up, I'll keep working on it for sure!
3.  Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes all 30 days this month (30 days for the month) - I exercised 27 days this month, that may be my highest total of days in a month ever.  I'm really proud of how active I was in June, although it's fairly easy between walking, swimming and teaching.  
4.  Go to one class that I'm not teaching each week (4 classes for the month) - Hold on to your hats, I was able to accomplish this goal!!  I went to Zumba with Nikki, Boom Muscle with Beth, Zumba Gold with Rachel, Zumba with Rachel plus the jam session with Kaitlyn and Rony.  I am so excited I was able to accomplish this goal!!
5.  Learn 3 new songs to add to my Zumba classes (3 songs for the month) - I learned two this month - "Freedom" and "Yo No Puedo Mas."  I did learn 4 new songs at the jam which I will be adding to my classes over the next few weeks so lots of new choreo coming soon!
6.  Go to two Aqua Zumba classes at the Y this month (2 classes for the month) - So I actually went to the Y for Aqua Zumba two different days this past month, but both times it was cancelled.  It's a little frustrating that the class cancels so often, but I understand why it has to cancel.  I'm still hoping to get to a few classes this summer!
Since it's summer I'm not going to focus too much on my fitness goals this month, rather choosing to focus on family and fun.  We have a lot going on this month and I have cut way back on the classes I'm teaching this month.  I'll still keep active, just maybe a little more walking and swimming with the boys and less going to classes and teaching.  I know it's the right decision for this month!

Here are the few goals I'll be working on this month:
1.  Maintain my current weight this month (0 lbs gained or lost for the month)
2.  Do measurements at the end of the month & maintain current measurements (0 inches gained or lost for the month)
3.  Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes 25 days this month (25 days for the month)
4.  Go to one class that I'm not teaching (1 class for the month)
5.  Learn 3 new songs to add to my Zumba classes (3 songs for the month)

No comments:

Post a Comment