Monday, July 10, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for July 10 - July 16)

So I'm not quite sure what happened last week but I didn't stick to my plan at all.  I didn't feel like cooking most nights.  We ended up eating frozen things, moving meals from one day to another and completely changing what we were eating.  I'm thinking it was a combination of the long weekend for the holiday and the fact that it feels like it's the middle of our summer.  We kind of hit a wall all around and were just really unmotivated to do anything.  It's understandable, we've been busy for the past month and have another busy month on tap.  So I'm just calling this last week a lost week and moving on.

This week the whole week has a theme of "clean it out, use it up."  I'm planning meals around vegetables I bought for last week and we didn't use so now they are must eats.  I'm also not grocery shopping at all this week (unless I can sneak in a trip to Costco, we are low on our necessities from there since I haven't gone since the end of May).  We are going to eat what we have and if we don't have what you want, then you need to find something else to eat.  I'm hoping this will clean out a lot of areas in the house including a few half eaten ice cream cakes, 7 open bags of cookies, a fridge full of fruit and veggies and the top of the same fridge filled with chips and snacks.  We'll see how this goes, I'll be sure to report back next week with our results.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Kale and Potato Soup - I will add sausage to this (I already browned it up) - this will use up kale and potatoes
Tuesday - Chicken & Sweet Potato Buddha Bowls - this will use up some spinach, sweet potatoes & an avocado
Wednesday - Deli Meat Salads - this will use up some lettuce and some deli meat that we opened last weekend for sandwiches
Thursday - Chili Lime Shrimp Fajitas - this will use up peppers that we have
Friday - Shake & Bake Chicken - I bought the chicken but we didn't make this last week.  We're going to Zoombeezi Bay so we'll eat it there.
Saturday - Penne with Vodka Sauce and salads
Sunday - Parmesan Tilapia with whatever veggies we still have leftover (salad, broccoli, potatoes, etc)

I'll be carefully monitoring all of the veggies that I have and if anything looks like it needs to be used up ASAP I will switch the menu around and use it up.  I'll also be using things up for my lunches.  We ended up with a lot of lettuce and spinach so I see a lot of salads in my future!!

Water Flavor - Watermelon - We ended up with 2 huge watermelons, one I bought on sale and one my mother in law gave me.  The one she gave me has seeds so none of the boys will eat it so I'm going to use some of it up in my water this week and eat the rest for snacks.

Overnight Oats - I got a jump on these today and already set up our oats for the week.  We have one serving of Apple Cinnamon left from last week and then I set up Banana Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Pie for this week.  This also helped me use up some things that I need to use up - two bananas that were very ripe and some canned pumpkin we opened last week for oats.  We still have more of this so we'll have pumpkin oats again next week for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment