Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Keeping Up With...Family Goals (June Recap & July Goals)

June was another awesome month around here!  I hope you have enjoyed reading all of my recaps of all the fun things we've been doing this summer.  June was the month of summer camps - Minecraft, sports & arts, Space VBS & Cub Scout day camp.  Some days I feel like a taxi service, but the boys are loving it all so I'm happy to drive them around.  We're also managing to squeeze in a lot of fun in between all of the camps.  I'm having the best summer and I hope my boys are too!!
I honestly didn't think a lot about my goals for this month so everything that happened was really organic.  Most of these goals have become a habit for us so we just do them naturally in the course of our daily living.  I didn't hit all of the goals, but I hit a lot of them.  I'm really proud of what we've been doing together as a family so far this year and I'm planning to keep this momentum going into the second half of the year. 

Here's how I did with my goals for June:
1.  Finish "Hungry Heart" and "The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland" (2 of my 14 books for the year) - I finished "Hungry Heart" but only finished 25% of "The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland."  I think "Hungry Heart" just took me longer than I thought it would.  Since we're halfway thru the year, I checked on my annual goal of reading 14 books this year as well.  I've read 9 books already, way ahead of where I need to be to finish this goal. 
2.  Have family dinner every Sunday night and use AJ's conversation starters during it (4 dinners for the month) - We only got 3 dinners this month because Father's Day weekend we weren't home to eat together at all.  We talked about the best part of AJ's birthday, something I'm wondering about and something that I recently did that made me proud.  We're doing great with this goal!!
3.  Continue doing my week in review blog (5 posts for the month) - I did 5 posts for this month, but I'm actually behind in my recaps.  I'm only about halfway thru the month.  I have 3 more posts written, I just need to publish them.  I have been doing each week in at least two parts since it's summer and we have so much going on.
4.  Continue taking one picture each day and posting on Facebook (30 pictures for the month) - Done!  30 pictures for the month of June & I'm up to date on 365 for the year.
5.  Watch a movie every Friday night (5 movies for the month) - We watched four movies this month:  Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed, Dr Strange, Secret Life of Pets and Monster Trucks.  I'm very happy that we got this many in as there were a few weekends where we had very little time to watch movies.  I can't believe how many movies I have watched this year already, probably more than the past 3 years combined!
6.  Have one family board game night (1 special night for the month) - Done!  We had a few nights where we played games, some as a family, some just a few of us.  We have a lot of games, it's a little overwhelming.  But we play them a lot so I guess it's nice to have variety.
7.  Do one activity each week that AJ picks (4 special activities) - I definitely overshot with this goal.  We couldn't do anything else the week of Cub Scout camp so the most we could have done is 3 this month.  We did two of AJ's picks - Pokemon Go Adventure and Mini Golf at the course in Westerville.  I owe him a trip to Hannah Park which we will do the first week in July
8.  Do one activity each week that Daniel picks (4 special activities) - Daniel got all three of his picks - a pizza party & ice cream, swimming at the Y, and the Delaware splash pad.
9.  Do one activity each week that Zak picks (4 special activities) - We did two of Zak's picks - Mini Golf at Magic Mountain and a play date at Chick Fil A.  I owe him a trip to the Easton splash pads which we will do the first week in July.
10.  See Captain Underpants as a family in the theater - Done.  All three boys loved it, the adults did not.  But the music was good and the kids all sat still for the whole movie so I'll call it a win.
All in all it was a pretty excellent month!  We have filled our days with fun things that we are all enjoying as well as a little relaxation which is exactly what I think the summer should be.  I plan to keep the fun going in July since it's our last full month off before school starts in mid-August.

Here are my goals for July:
1.  Finish "The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland" and start another book (TBD) (2 of my 14 books for the year)
2.  Have family dinner every Sunday night and use AJ's conversation starters during it (5 dinners for the month)
3.  Continue doing my week in review blog (4 new posts for the month) plus catch up on all of the June ones that I am behind on
4.  Continue taking one picture each day and posting on Facebook (31 pictures for the month)
5.  Watch a movie every Friday night (4 movies for the month)
6.  Have one family board game night (1 special night for the month)
7.  Do one activity each week that AJ picks (4 special activities)
8.  Do one activity each week that Daniel picks (3 special activities)
9.  Do one activity each week that Zak picks (4 special activities)
10. Have fun on our camping trip in the middle of the month
11. Go see "Despicable Me 3" together as a family
12. Have a fun long weekend for the 4th of July

No comments:

Post a Comment