Monday, July 3, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for July 3 - July 9)

Happy Fourth of July weekend!!  Hope you are all enjoying the long weekend with family and friends.  Adrian has tomorrow and Tuesday off from work and we are looking forward to a full weekend of fun.  We spent yesterday getting stuff done around the house so that the next three days we can just have fun with the boys!  I just wanted to pop in quickly to share what we're eating this week, plus it helps keep me on track with meal planning.

Last week I survived being on my own with the boys most of the week.  I mostly stuck to our plan until the end of the week.  Thursday night Adrian ended up getting off of work earlier than we thought and since the boys had VBS we went out for dinner together.  It was a delicious local Mexican place and so nice not to have to cook for the night.  Then Friday night we were all feeling very lazy so we decided to order Jets pizza to make our lives easier.  It was so good!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Ribs slow cooked in the oven - we'll be in and out all day so this will be quick and easy
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday
Wednesday - Kale and Potato Soup - I will probably add sausage to this as well
Thursday - Parmesan Tilapia
Friday - Shake & Bake Chicken - I didn't get to this last week since our plans changed.  I'm teaching 3 classes today so this is quick and easy to have with veggies for dinner
Saturday - Grilled Steak with whatever veggies we still have left - I'll be at a Zumba jam all day so this will be easy for Adrian to get ready for us for dinner
Sunday - Penne with Vodka Sauce - I'll probably add chicken or sausage

Water Flavor - Strawberry - I ended up buying a few too many of these this week so I'll use up some to flavor my water instead of freezing them

Overnight Oats - We have some left over from last week and I'm not sure what we'll eat over the next few days since we're off our regular schedule.  I will hold off on setting any of these up until later in the week if we need them.

Clean it out Challenge - With the holiday I didn't really do anything for this challenge this week.  I did use up all of the heels of bread in the freezer to make homemade breadcrumbs yesterday.  And we're overstocked on fruits and veggies so I'll be using those up over the week as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment