Sunday, February 15, 2015

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 2/16 - 2/22)

Life has been happening over here.  Things have not been going according to plan.  We have been dealing with some sickness and very busy schedules for the past few weeks.  We were supposed to have a four day weekend this weekend to catch up on everything and sort of push the reset button. 

Then my husband had to work all day on Friday and he pulled a muscle in his back so he can't help me with anything.  I have been single mom-ing the entire weekend, which included our boys' birthday party and my niece's as well.  And I am still not feeling well.  Needless to say we are still very behind on everything.

We have another hectic week coming up and a super busy weekend.  I'm really going to focus tonight and tomorrow to try to get as much done as possible.  And that will be the theme of the whole week.  I'm hoping to get a little caught up and if nothing else I'm hoping to not fall farther behind.

OK, enough gloom and doom.  Some positive things...we had a great time celebrating two of our three boys' birthdays the past week.  Watch for a recap coming very soon!  And while I didn't cook a lot this past week, we didn't eat out at all either.  We ate what we have in the house so no extra money was spent.  And we have a lot of cake left over from the party so when all else fails, I have a piece of cake!

Here's the plan for this week, with lots of carryovers from last week. 
Monday Lunch - Bangin' Good Chicken Salad - hoping to finally make this one!
Monday Dinner - Spicy Chicken Meatballs and Loaded Cauliflower Mash
Tuesday - Cheesy Taco Skillet
Wednesday - Crockpot Tortellini
Thursday - Freezer Meal
Friday - Garlic Rosemary Zoodles with Apple Pork Meatballs - I didn't make Zoodles at all last week, I may be in withdrawals!!  ;-) 
Saturday - Chicken Zucchini Baked Ziti - I have Zumba events all day so I'm hoping to make this during the week so we only have to heat it up.
Sunday - Black Bean & Butternut Squash Enchilada Casserole

Water Infuser Flavor - Lemon/Lime.  I have been eating horribly for the past 10 days.  I'm back to healthy eating tomorrow and I'm thinking this will help flush out my system.  I'm also helping it will finally help me kick this sore throat!

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast & Jill at Fitness, Health and Happiness.  Go check them out for some more yummy recipes!  Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment