Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Keeping Up With...Workouts (2/4 - 2/10 Recap)

Don't I look cute and ready to tackle anything last Weds after class?  My hair was dripping with sweat after yoga and Zumba.  You'd think this was a good week with a start like this right?  You would be wrong.

The stress of everyone being sick, Adrian working a crazy schedule, 3 birthdays, Valentine's Day, a shoulder injury and everyday life caught up to me on Friday.  And I did what any good overeater on a diet does, I ate.  And it didn't really stop all weekend.  Or this week.  And since we have parties until Sun afternoon, it's not going to stop until Monday.

And you know what?  That's OK.  It's the season I'm in right now and I'm owning it and enjoying every bite that goes into my mouth.  I'm also cutting back on exercise a little.  Not because I don't need to exercise, but because I am sick and very busy and I need to make sure I am resting enough to get thru my everyday life.  I took a pass on the scale this morning.  I know it's higher and I don't care.  I'll see where it is next week.

Now with all that being said, it actually wasn't a horrible week of workouts for me.  Here's the quick rundown of my week:
Wednesday, 2/4 - Taught 2 Zumba classes and did 30 minutes of Core & Flexibility class
Thursday, 2/5 - Taught 1 1/2 Zumba classes (ice/snow shortened my class) and did 10 minutes on the bike
Friday, 2/6 - Rest Day (I hurt my shoulder overnight)
Saturday, 2/7 - Taught 1 Zumba class, took 1 Zumba class, practiced Zumba for about an hour and did a 10 minute yoga video from YouTube
Sunday, 2/8 - Rest Day (ran around all day celebrating the birthday boy, Daniel!)
Monday, 2/9 - Taught 2 Zumba class and did 10 minutes of PlyoFit class
Tuesday, 2/10 - Rest Day (ran around all day celebrating the birthday boy, Daniel!)

And a quick update on my weekly goals:
1. Continue teaching at least 6 Zumba classes each week.  Made this one again this week, yay!
 2.  Attend at least 2 classes other than mine each week.  Did one full class, my friend's Zumba class and a few parts of other classes.  I keep having to miss the Fri morning class so that is making this goal very hard to achieve
3.  Do at least 10 minutes of strength training at home 5 days each week.  I made it to 4 times this week, not too bad.
4.  Do at least 60 minutes of yoga or pilates each week.  Fail again.  I got to 40 minutes this week which is an improvement over the past few weeks.
5.  Continue doing the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans monthly calendar.  I am one day behind in the Lose Your Love Handles February challenge.  I plan to catch up on the rest day this weekend.

6.  Make the changes in the year long challenge called A Year of Small Changes. Things I'm working on for this:  sleep, track food, being positive and (new this week) taking a probiotic daily.  Sleep & track food have been horrible with sickness.  I have noticed these 2 go hand in hand (not shocking!)  I've been much more positive this week than last week, although with 2 birthdays to celebrate & my hormones not raging this one was definitely easier.  I need to get to the drug store to get a probiotic to take daily.  I've been thinking about adding this for a while so now seems like a good time.

And again, I skipped my weigh in today.  I'll update the numbers next week.  Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment