The stress of everyone being sick, Adrian working a crazy schedule, 3 birthdays, Valentine's Day, a shoulder injury and everyday life caught up to me on Friday. And I did what any good overeater on a diet does, I ate. And it didn't really stop all weekend. Or this week. And since we have parties until Sun afternoon, it's not going to stop until Monday.
And you know what? That's OK. It's the season I'm in right now and I'm owning it and enjoying every bite that goes into my mouth. I'm also cutting back on exercise a little. Not because I don't need to exercise, but because I am sick and very busy and I need to make sure I am resting enough to get thru my everyday life. I took a pass on the scale this morning. I know it's higher and I don't care. I'll see where it is next week.
Now with all that being said, it actually wasn't a horrible week of workouts for me. Here's the quick rundown of my week:
Wednesday, 2/4 - Taught 2 Zumba classes and did 30 minutes of Core & Flexibility class
Thursday, 2/5 - Taught 1 1/2 Zumba classes (ice/snow shortened my class) and did 10 minutes on the bike
Friday, 2/6 - Rest Day (I hurt my shoulder overnight)
Saturday, 2/7 - Taught 1 Zumba class, took 1 Zumba class, practiced Zumba for about an hour and did a 10 minute yoga video from YouTube
Sunday, 2/8 - Rest Day (ran around all day celebrating the birthday boy, Daniel!)
Monday, 2/9 - Taught 2 Zumba class and did 10 minutes of PlyoFit class
Tuesday, 2/10 - Rest Day (ran around all day celebrating the birthday boy, Daniel!)
And a quick update on my weekly goals:
1. Continue teaching at least 6 Zumba classes each week. Made this one again this week, yay!
2. Attend at least 2 classes other than mine each week. Did one full class, my friend's Zumba class and a few parts of other classes. I keep having to miss the Fri morning class so that is making this goal very hard to achieve
3. Do at least 10 minutes of strength training
4. Do at least 60 minutes of yoga or pilates each week. Fail again. I got to 40 minutes this week which is an improvement over the past few weeks.
5. Continue doing the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans monthly calendar. I am one day behind in the Lose Your Love Handles February challenge. I plan to catch up on the rest day this weekend.
And again, I skipped my weigh in today. I'll update the numbers next week. Have a great week!!