Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Keeping Up With...Workouts (2/18 - 2/24 Recap)

Another week of snow and cold weather messing up my workouts.  The week started with last Wednesday being the only day the boys went to school last week...in the middle of a snow storm!  Driving conditions were horrible and I literally couldn't get to my morning class on time so I had to cancel.  I ended up getting a sub for my afternoon class as well since Adrian was really stressed out since he got to work very late because of the traffic.

The weekend was pretty awesome, I went to my first Zumba Jam session of the year!  It was so much fun to go and learn 5 new songs with a bunch of friends.  The Jammer Lynn was awesome, such great energy and challenging but fun choreography.  I introduced my first new song from the Jam this week and my classes seem to really like it.  It's a fun song called "Zumba High" which I can relate to on a personal level.  The singer is talking about how Zumba has changed her life for the better.  If you've been around for a while, you know that's true of me as well.
The whole crew of Jammers
Me, Lynn & Bridget after the Jam
Here's the quick rundown of last week:
Wednesday, 2/18 - Did a 10 minute at home total body conditioning circuit
Thursday, 2/19 - Taught 2 Zumba classes and did 10 minutes of Total Body Conditioning
Friday, 2/20 - Taught 1 Zumba class and did a 10 minute yoga YouTube video
Saturday, 2/21 - Three hour Zumba Jam
Sunday, 2/22 - Rest Day
Monday, 2/23 - Taught 1 Zumba class and did a 10 minute arm workout
Tuesday, 2/24 - Taught 1 Zumba class and did 10 minutes of Total Body Conditioning

And a quick update on my weekly goals:
1. Continue teaching at least 6 Zumba classes each week.  Only taught 5 this week due to 2 being cancelled for weather on Wednesday and then getting a sub for Mon night so I could make sure AJ got to his last hockey practice
2.  Attend at least 2 classes other than mine each week.  I'm considering the 3 hour jam as fulfilling this.  I did totally new to me choreo which is a huge challenge
3.  Do at least 10 minutes of strength training at home 5 days each week.  Done!
4.  Do at least 60 minutes of yoga or pilates each week.  Fail again.  I did 10 minutes this week.  I'm really struggling with this one.  I need to step this up.
5.  Continue doing the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans monthly calendar.  I am up to date on the Lose Your Love Handles February challenge.

6.  Make the changes in the year long challenge called A Year of Small Changes. Things I'm working on from past weeks:  sleep and being positive.  Sleep has been pretty good.  I've been great about going to bed by 11 and getting up most mornings between 6:30/7:00.  I need to figure out how to keep Zak in his own bed.  He is really messing up my sleep schedule!  I was positive sometimes this week and other times not so much.  I'm going to probably keep this all year, I think it's important to remember to always see the positive.  This week's challenge was to eat your veggies everyday.  I do a great job with this, normally getting 5-6 servings everyday, sometimes more.  And I try to eat the rainbow everyday as well.

Finally, my weigh in:
2/18 - 220
2/25 - 218
Change for the week - down 2 lbs
Change for the year - down 7 lbs of the 52 lbs I'm trying to lose (8th week of the year)

Yay for a loss!  I had a pretty good week of staying on track eating wise, except for Sunday.  And now I am back down to where I was before my two weeks of crazy eating so I'm happy about that.  I have an active month planned for March so I'm hoping for some pretty big losses.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment