Sunday, February 22, 2015

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 2/23 - 3/1)

Last week went somewhat better than expected (menu wise at least) due to freezing cold temps and the kids having off from school every day except for Wednesday.  Ironically Wednesday was the only day we had snow, the roads were horrible!  I cooked a bunch last week and today I noticed the fridge was super full of leftovers so we had those tonight after a fun family day at Disney on Ice.  Check back for my recap on that either tomorrow or Tues!

This week is the last week of hockey for AJ and ice skating for Zak.  We are taking some time off from activities, except swimming, for the next month or so.  It has just been very hard with Adrian working so much overtime to keep up with everything.  AJ also wants a break from hockey (I don't blame him, he's been playing 3 times/week since Oct) so he'll take spring off and start again in the summer season.

I tried to keep the menu easy this week as we have something every night and 3 afternoons.  We still have a decent amount of leftovers and some freezer meals so while this is the plan, I may switch it up a little as the week goes.  We have very little planned next weekend and I really want to take the weekend to catch my breath and get caught up on the giant to do list I have been ignoring except to add more items to it.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Black Bean & Butternut Squash Enchilada Casserole (carry over from last week)
Tuesday - Taco Chicken Zoodles for the adults & chicken tacos for the kids.  Our PTO is also feeding the teachers for conferences that night so I'm making Broccoli Cranberry Salad for that.
Wednesday Lunch - Avocado White Bean Salad
Wednesday Dinner - Sausage with Broccoli & Fennel
Thursday - Tomato Ricotta Pasta
Friday - Freezer Meal or Leftovers - I have a meeting in the afternoon then training at night.  No time for cooking!
Saturday - Crockpot Chili - AJ has an all day hockey tournament, not sure what me & the other boys are doing.  Then I have an oils class at night so I wanted something easy for this day.  I'm also making guacamole with lime and cilantro essential oils.  I'm excited to try it!
Sunday - Steak & Baked Potatoes - Adrian asked for this.  I'm hoping since it's March 1st he'll be able to grill (HA!)

Water Infuser Flavor - Fruit Salad.  I have some leftover from last week so I'm going to throw it in the infuser.  I am behind on this and probably won't get it set up until tomorrow, boo!  I also learned last week that I don't like the citrus flavors for the infuser, I pretty the sweet flavors!  I'll stick with my citrus oils & do more berries, melons, etc in the water.

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast & Jill at Fitness, Health and Happiness.  Go check them out for some more yummy recipes!  Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment