Friday, February 14, 2014

Keeping Up With...Daniel

Happy 5th Birthday Daniel Stephen!!

You came into this world on February 10, 2009 and haven't stopped surprising us since.  Everyone thought you were going to be a girl, but surprise!  Good thing we saved all of our boy stuff from your big brother.  You were the runt of the family, weighing in at "only" 8 lbs, 8 oz.  You continue to weigh less than AJ did, but you are always in the 50% for your age & height.  You have shot up like a weed, we need to get you longer pants ASAP!

You were a bit of a pain in the butt rough baby, but you were also a huge snuggle bug.  You continue to be a combination of those two.  You will make me crazy with your stubbornness and then turn around and give me one of your gigantic hugs & I'll forget why you were making me crazy.  I love how sweet, loving and caring you are and you never miss an opportunity to give me a hug, although you don't love kisses.

Daniel you are an amazing big brother to Zachary and little brother to AJ.  You get along with both of them so well.  You love to play video games with AJ and cars with Zak.  You love to jump on the bed with Zak and play "Spin-day" with both of your brothers.  I love watching the 3 of you together, even when you're fighting.  
Out to lunch with Mommy & Zak
Ice Skating with Mom & AJ
You have been so brave the past year and tried so many new things.  I am SO proud of you for all that you have done.  You tried new things like ice skating, playing in the rain & you even touched a lizard this week when the zoo came to your school.  You have also let the teachers paint on your hands so I now have hand print crafts from you.  All of these things would have sent you screaming & running last year.
Touching the rain - this was a big day for you.  SO proud!!
You have a big year ahead of you.  You will graduate from preschool & leave behind your amazing teachers there to enter Kindergarten.  I know this is going to be a huge adjustment for you, especially having to go to school every day, but I know you will excel at this challenge like you have so many already.  You are going to play t-ball and take art  lessons this spring and I can't wait to see how you like these two new areas, I think you will love them both.  You will also learn golf this summer and may go back to ice skating.

Daniel I love watching you grow into a sweet, smart, amazing young man.  Can't wait to see where this next year takes you.  I hope you enjoyed your 5th birthday party!!  I'm going to enjoy every minute with you the next 6 months before you start school. 

Stay sweet and loving my boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment