Saturday, July 2, 2016

Keeping Up With...My Fab 40! - June review

June was a fantastic month here!  We have been enjoying summer break SO much!  We've had a few hiccups, which is bound to happen when you spend every day together after months of not doing that.  I accomplished some of my goals for the year and I also made good progress on the ones that are on-going.  I'm updating the blog each week with what we are doing everyday (although I'm about 2 weeks behind right now) so you can check that out for more details on what we're doing.

Here's how I'm doing after 6 months - half of the year is done!!  I have broken them down into three categories (on-going, one time and finished) so it's easier for me to update.  The goals are in black and my current month comments are in red.

On-Going
1.  Lose 40 pounds - one for each year - Lost 11 of the 40 lbs.  I've stayed here for this month.  I gained 5 pounds on vacation but lost it all already so I happily maintained.  That may be the case for the whole summer.
2.  Read 12 books - I was so close last year! - Read 7 of the 12.  I finished 1 book this month, "The Undomestic Goddess" by Sophie Kinsella.  It was a light, fun read to kick off my summer.  I usually enjoy this author as well so I wasn't surprised to enjoy this one.  I'm finishing up "Becoming Marta" and then will start on this list of 50 books.  I'll be mostly reading them in order.
3.  Go on 12 dates with Adrian - Went on 10 of the 12.  We had one date night in June while the boys were at VBS.  We went shopping for a few things we needed for our NJ trip and then had a delicious dinner at our new favorite place, Piada.
4.  Get rid of 12 bags of stuff - I got rid of 2 bags this month, gave my friend all of the clothes Zak has outgrown.  He is almost the same size as Daniel now, I may need to retire more of his clothes before the summer is over.  8 of the 12 bags are gone.
5.  Take 1 picture every day for the year - Up to date on this 183 of 366.  You can see them here.
6.  Go on 2 special dates with AJ - Went on 1 out of 2.  I took AJ & Daniel to see Snoopy: The Musical at the local children's theater in April.  We had so much fun!  We stopped at Krispy Kreme for donuts on our way home too.  I'm counting this for both boys & may aim for 3 dates each, another together & one alone.
7.  Go on 2 special dates with Daniel -
Went on 1 out of 2.  See above
8.  Go on 2 special dates with Zak - Went on 0 out of 2, I'll be saving these for the 2nd half of the year when he's in preschool everyday.
 9.  Do a 365 day exercise streak - 54 days of 365 for take 2 at this streak.  So far I've exercised every day from May 10th through July 2nd.
10.  Finish the 30 Day Shred - Did 0 days of 30 - I need to get started on this one!
11.  Attend one class each week that isn't mine - Did this 12 weeks out of 52.  I didn't get to any classes that I didn't teach in June.  I did sub a bunch of classes that are different from what I normally teach including a Zumba Gold class, different SS classes & a Total Body Conditioning.  I'm probably putting this on hold for the summer, there is just too much going on for me to add more classes to my schedule right now.
12.  Teach an average of 5 classes each week -
Did this 21 weeks out of 52.  I missed the one week I was on vacation in June but other than that I taught a ton of classes in June.
13.  Menu plan and prep our dinners each week - Did this 20 weeks out of 52.  Again, I missed the week of vacation this month.  I also didn't really plan the week before vacation, other than to just clean out the refrigerators.  We got a CSA bag the Thursday before we left so there were lots of salads those last few days.
14.  Go to church every Sunday - Did this 17 weeks out of 52.  I missed 2 weeks in June because of vacation. 
15.  Do one blog post each week - I did 11 posts in June, easily one per week.  I started a weekly recap of what we're doing as a family.  I'll be publishing that every Friday (I hope!)  
16.  Pay off our Best Buy card and not incur any new debt - The Best Buy card is payed off!!  We bought the new car so that counts as new debt, but hoping that's all for us for the year.
17.  Have a family board game night once per month - Did this 6 out of 12 months
18.  Have a family movie night once per month
- Did this 6 out of 12 months (Inside Out, Charlie Brown Valentine's special, Justice League Frost Fight, Big Hero 6, Star Wars, Avengers)
19.  Have a family video game night once per month - Did this 6 out of 12 months
20.  Go to 4 Zumba jams this year - Went to my 2 out of 4 and I loved every minute of it! 
21.  Make one homemade breakfast for us each month - I did not do this again in June.  I'm slacking on this goal, probably because we're so rarely home for breakfast.


One Time
22.  Go on a family trip to Tennessee - Planned for July
23.  Go zip lining
24.  Go on a family hike in Hocking Hills
25.  Host an alcohol exchange with my girl friends
26.  Power wash and stain our play set
27.  Renovate our downstairs bathroom
28.  Conquer the Lynd's corn maze in the fall
29.  Go to Dollywood - Planned for Aug
30.  Renew our Zoombeezi Bay passes and go at least once every other week over the summer - I renewed our passes this summer and we went one time so far this summer.  There are about 12 weeks in our summer break so my goal is to go 6 times.

Done
31.  See 2 movies that aren't animated - Done!!  Saw "Star Wars:  The Force Awakens" & "Avengers:  Age of Ultron"
32.  Go on family camping trip - Done!  NJ was a camping trip and we survived 8 nights in the tent.  Not sure if we'll get to do another one or not this fall, will have to see how our schedule pans out.
33.  Go on a family trip to NJ - Done!!  You can read part 1 and part 2 of the recap and part 3 should be up this week.  Spoiler Alert - It was an amazing week, we had a blast!! 
34.  Go to Six Flags Great Adventure - Done!  I rode El Toro & The Joker, I was a happy ride warrior. 
35.  Do something special to celebrate mine & Adrian's 10 year wedding anniversary - We bought a new car.  :)  We also had a very nice date night where we bought new dishes and went back to Carrabba's, the restaurant we went to for our first date.  We were hoping to do something a little bigger, but 3 vacations & a new car in the same year seems like enough.
36.  Go on a family trip to Dallas - Done!  You can read about it here, here, here and here.
37.  Get 1 fitness certification - Done!!  Got Silver Sneakers Classic & Silver Sneakers Circuit in March.  Also got Zumba Gold in May.  Going above & beyond on this goal.
38.  Go to the doctor for routine check up and tests - Done!  Did my physical, pap, blood work & mammogram in March.  Everything looks great, I'm supposed to keep doing what I'm doing!
 
39.  Tour Dallas Cowboys stadium - Done, sort of.  It was actually closed for the guided tours while we were there.  But we drove around it, took some pictures & went in the Pro Shop.  I'm considering it done.
40.  Go to Six Flags Over Texas - Done!  Also hit Six Flags St Louis, loved that park

Again, June was fantastic for us!  We have been having so much fun this summer!!  And I'm excited that 10 of my goals have been moved to the "Done" category.  I'm loving this challenge for the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment