Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Keeping Up With...Family (Weekly Wrap 6/17 - 6/23 - Part 2)

This week was another busy one so I split it into two parts.  You can read part 1 here.  That was all about the last few days of our NJ trip.  The second part of the week was the recovery after that trip, or vacation hangover as I call it.

Monday (6/20) we jumped right back into reality!  AJ and Daniel were signed up for Minecraft camp this week so I got them there bright and early Monday morning.  Thankfully Adrian worked from home this day so I didn't have to drag Zak along with me.  They loved this camp and while it was a hassle to get them there right after vacation, I'm glad we did it.  Then Monday night the boys started the end of season baseball tournament with their team.  We had no idea about this tournament until a few days before but we were all excited for a little more baseball.  The team lost (again) but the boys had a good time & were excited to be playing again.
Tuesday (6/21) Zak and I dropped the other boys off at Mincraft camp and started to restock our fridge after vacation.  I also had to teach two classes, one in the morning and one in the afternoon so after camp we ate a quick lunch at Noodles & Co and headed to the YMCA.  After all of that running around we came home to get ready for game 2 of the baseball tournament, which we WON!!  Daniel got 2 hits in this game and scored for the first time all season.  AJ also got 2 hits and he got 1 RBI.  The team was SO excited to win!!  Of course that was short lived because they had to play game 3 of the tournament right after the win.  They ran out of gas during that game and lost a close one.  Since it was a double elimination tournament this officially ended their baseball season.
Wednesday (6/22) AJ and Daniel headed to day 3 of Minecraft camp and Zak and I headed back home to relax a little and do some of the never ending laundry.  After we picked the boys up from camp, we all headed to Johnstown to pick some raspberries.  They had both red and black (my favorite!) and we picked 3 pints in about an hour.  We all had a great time and it was a perfect day to be out in the field!
Thursday (6/23) was day 4 of Minecraft camp for AJ and Daniel and day 4 of trying to get back to normal for all 5 of us.  Zak and I did some more food shopping, laundry and I taught 3 classes.  It was a pretty tiring day.  I packed up stuff to go swimming at the Y after my afternoon class but no one wanted to so I didn't force it.

This week was pretty uneventful except for Minecraft camp for the older boys.  I guess that is just what we needed after our vacation.  We spent a lot of down time at home resting.  And I slept like a rock all week.  Stay tuned to see how the rest of our summer goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment