Sunday, July 10, 2016

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 7/11 - 7/17)

I know people say this all the time but this year is flying by!!  I feel like I just wrote last week's menu out and now it's time for this week's.  And then when I dated it I realized we hit the half way point of July during this week.  That is crazy!!  We leave for Tennessee in just 3 short (and busy!) weeks!  So I'll probably plan this week and next and then take 2 or 3 weeks off depending on how much food I have to get thru before vacation.

Last week I did pretty well sticking to my plan except for the night that I planned to make a dinner that took over an hour and didn't get home until close to 5:00 (and I have eat fairly early since I teach most nights).  So I grabbed my always handy pasta & sauce and threw together a quick meal.  I also sauteed up some Swiss Chard since we were out of lettuce to make a salad.

On Thursday I picked up our next CSA bag and once again I'm excited for what we got!  Although I am a little disappointed not to get the lettuce mix again this week.  I was hoping we'd get that most weeks over the summer.  I guess I'll have to go back to buying it from the store.  Anyway, we got potatoes (both white & purple), basil, kale, Swiss Chard, carrots and garlic.  I'll be using this all up in the next week or so.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Meatloaf and Turnip Salad - carried over again due to the timing snafu mentioned above
Tuesday - Hummus Crusted Chicken and Carrots with Cranberries
Wednesday - Brinner!  Chard, Potato and Egg Hash with breakfast sausage
Thursday - Shrimp with Gnocchi - I'll be adding either kale or chard to this dish
Friday - Tortellini Alfredo with sauteed kale or chard
Saturday - Slow Cooker Chili with a salad
Sunday - Turkey Reubens or Leftovers

Water Flavor - Cucumber Watermelon

Meal Prep - I made the turnip salad yesterday so that meal is definitely happening this week.  I also made homemade hummus to use for Tuesday's dinner.  And I have the water set up, fruit cut up for fruit and lunches ready to go.  I also have shopping done for Mon-Weds so I have some breathing room to get to the store this week.  I'm having a horrible time getting shopping done with the kids home from school for the summer!

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast.  Go check out the other blogs on the link up for some more yummy recipes!  Have a great week!!

1 comment:

  1. The summer schedule definitely makes it trickier to get everything done! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete