Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Recap of 7/20 - 7/26)

Last Saturday I hung out with these awesome people who also happen to be fellow Zumba Instructors.  We spent about 2 hours hanging out, laughing and of course dancing.  I loved getting together and just dancing with them.  We weren't worried about learning choreography.  We weren't worried about teaching a class.  It was great.  I'm looking forward to doing it again.
Today I celebrate my 3 year Zumba anniversary.  I'm beyond thankful to all who have been on this journey with me and will continue on this journey with me.  I still can't believe that I am a fitness instructor.  When I started on my own weight loss journey almost 5 years ago I never would have thought it would take me here.  Back then I was overweight and in horrible shape.  Now I'm in probably the best shape of my life, even though I'm not at the weight I want to be at.

But other than my health, being a Zumba instructor has given me so much more.  I have met a TON of amazing people, both other instructors and my students.  I love watching my current students on their journeys now and I'm so freaking proud of all of them!  I have a confidence I never had before.  Heck I shook everything in front of 70+ people teaching "Country Girl" a few months ago!  I have gotten 2 specialties within Zumba (Toning & Gold) and I also got licensed in Silver Sneakers (Classic & Circuit).  I have learned so much about exercise, both strength training and cardio work.

It's been an amazing three years and I can't wait to see where this all leads in the future.  I have big plans for the upcoming year or so.  In the next few months, I'm taking Basic 2 from Zumba where I will perfect some of the other dances we do and I'm also getting licensed in Barre.  I will also start teaching Zumba Gold at least once a week.  In the upcoming year I plan to teach more Zumba Gold, Silver Sneakers & start teaching Barre.  I'm also hoping to use my Muscle Conditioning license to teach a circuit class or a total body class.  It's going to be a great year & I hope you enjoy reading all about it!!

With the theme of this post, you won't be surprised that nearly all my exercise the past week was Zumba.  Look for some variety next week as we will be on vacation part of the week.  Also I won't be weighing in for a few weeks, I'm just going to enjoy vacation & the end of summer.  I'll get back to it when the kids start school.

Here's what the last week looked like:
Wednesday - Taught a one hour Zumba class
Thursday - Taught a one hour Zumba class, taught a one hour Zumba Gold class & went swimming with the boys for about 2 hours
Friday - Taught a one hour Zumba class
Saturday - Taught a one hour Zumba Toning class & danced with friends for about 2 hours
Sunday - Rest Day!  Practiced a new Zumba song for about 15 minutes just to keep the streak going
Monday - Taught a one hour Zumba Toning class
Tuesday - Taught a one hour Silver Sneakers class & went swimming with the boys for about 2 hours

I will try to stay on track and get this post up next week but no promises.  We'll be on vacation so if it's quiet around here, I'll be back online when we get back.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment