Thursday, July 7, 2016

Keeping Up With...Workouts (Recap of 6/29 - 7/5)

This week I had the opportunity to sub for a friend who teaches a Total Body Conditioning (TBC) class a few times a week at one of the gyms I teach at.  She is on vacation & needed all of her classes covered for about 10 days.  Most of the days I had conflicts, but I was able to pick up both of her Thursday classes.  And it's really nice for me because it's right after my Zumba class at the same gym.

I decided I was going to do a circuit for the first week and see how it went.  She gave me some ideas for a circuit but I wanted to do it a little more like a TBC class I used to take a few years ago.  I set up four stations - core, arms, legs & cardio.  Each station had an exercise that you did for a minute.  We went around two times then took a few minutes break while I introduced the next set of exercises.  We were able to get around three times (so 6 different exercises) plus a nice warm up and cool down.  It was SO much fun to teach this class!!  I really enjoyed it.  I'd like to teach something like it in the very near future.  I sub for her one more time this Thursday, I'm very excited to do it again.

Other than that, this was a pretty standard week for me work out wise.  I taught my classes & did very little else.  I had a bunch of rest days as well thanks to the 4th of July holiday.  We are starting to swim a lot so that is good for different exercise for me.  Here's how my week looked:

Wednesday - Taught a one hour Zumba class
Thursday - Taught 3 classes - one hour of Zumba (am), one hour of TBC (am) & one hour of Cardio Dance (pm).  I also went swimming with the boys for about 3 hours.  I was tired!!
Friday - Taught a one hour Zumba class
Saturday - Taught a one hour Zumba Toning class
Sunday - Rest day, practiced 2 new Zumba songs for about 15 minutes to keep the streak going.
Monday - Active rest day.  Walked & stood for about an hour for a parade in the morning & practiced my new Zumba songs for about 15 minutes
Tuesday - Another rest day.  The boys were all tired & sick that morning so I got a sub for my Silver Sneaker class and we had a lazy day.  I practiced my 2 new Zumba songs for about 10 minutes to keep my streak going.

I forgot to weigh in yesterday morning, mostly because I forgot it was Weds since my week has been messed up from the holiday weekend.  I wasn't going to weigh in because I ate pretty badly this weekend and wasn't super active so I was honestly expecting a gain.  Then I didn't get a chance to finish this post yesterday so I decided to weigh in when I woke up this morning.  And I was shocked to see I maintained from last week!!  That is really my goal until mid-Aug when the kids go back to school and I can work out a little more consistently.

No comments:

Post a Comment