Sunday, July 3, 2016

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 7/4 - 7/10)

We're having a great, long, holiday weekend so far!!  It has been equal parts fun and relaxing.  I hope you are all doing the same.  We have a busy day of church, zoo rides and a movie night planned today but I wanted to hop on quickly this morning to share what we'll be eating this week.

I am loving experimenting with new foods thanks to our CSA.  We have discovered a love of Swiss Chard (roasted with sweet potatoes - yum!)  And yesterday I cooked with turnips for the first time.  I made this Turnip Casserole and it was delicious.  I'll be making it again for sure, it may even make it on my Thanksgiving menu as a lighter option.

My plan for last week got a little juggled around since we ended up swimming for hours on Thursday.  I was planning on being home in time to roast the whole chicken that I bought, but it was after 4 when we got home so I made pasta instead.  I've been doing really well about making sure I have pasta on hand all the time so when things like that happen I don't have to eat out.  This week has some repeats from last week and a few meals to finish up (or at least make a huge dent in) all the greens we have left from our CSA bag before we get another on one Thursday.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - BBQ for July 4th (hamburgers, hot dogs, etc)
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday
Wednesday - Kale with Sausage & Beans - I'll make this with either beet greens or turnip greens since our kale is almost gone
Thursday - Meatloaf and Turnip Salad - carry over that I never made last week
Friday - Roasted Chicken Legs, Potatoes & Kale - I'll do this with the remaining Swiss Chard
Saturday - We have a potluck picnic during the day so I'm assuming we won't be very hungry at night.  I'll make Turkey Reubens and/or salads if we are
Sunday - Leftovers or something quick from the freezer

Water Flavor - Apple & Orange

Food Prep - I'm not doing a lot of that this weekend since there isn't a lot to do for the first few days of the week.  It's a pretty easy cooking week so I think I'll be OK.  The only thing I'll do this weekend is make the beet hummus I planned to make last weekend & never got to so we have it for snacks this week.

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast.  Go check out the other blogs on the link up for some more yummy recipes!  Happy 4th of July!!!  Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment