Sunday, March 1, 2015

Keeping Up With...Food (Menu Plan 3/2 - 3/8)

It was a very weird weekend here, things didn't always go as planned.  I tried to get a bunch of stuff done today but it just wasn't happening.  At least Adrian had off all day today and we got to spend a lot of time together as a family.

I didn't feel like cooking yesterday after a long day of ice hockey for AJ (and all of us) so we picked up some Jets pizza on our way home and bumped our chili to later this week.  This week is the calm between the storms with very little going on, other than school, Zumba and work for Adrian.  I do have a few extra things to do so I'm trying to keep the menu fairly easy.

I will be taking next week off from meal planning.  I'm going away next weekend and am going to make it easy on myself and eat stuff that I have already in the freezer.  I also took advantage of our sub zero temperatures recently to defrost and organize my deep freeze.  We have a ton of food in there!  So we're just going to eat that for Mon-Thurs next week and then Adrian is on his own Fri-Sun.  I'll be back on 3/15 to link up for the following week when I'm hopefully recharged after a break from reality!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Freezer Meal of Meatloaf & Potatoes
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Tomato Ricotta Pasta
Thursday - Crockpot Chili
Friday - Humus Chicken or out.  We have a sitter this night, yay!  It will depend what time Adrian can leave work if we'll eat first then go out, or just grab something out.  My birth-month freebies are rolling in so we may use one of those.
Saturday - Loaded Baked Potato Soup.  I'll be at a Zumba jam all day and know I'll get home tired and hungry.  This with a salad will be perfect to refuel!
Sunday - Beef Teriyaki & String Beans

Water Infuser Flavor - Blackberry.  It was supposed to be blackberry/lemon but I put a few berries in, then got distracted by something and turned around and my 3 year old had filled the whole fruit chamber with blackberries.  He was so proud of himself I just couldn't bring myself to change it.  The lemon will keep until next week so I'll use it then. 

As always, I'm linking up with Laura at Mommy, Run Fast & Jill at Fitness, Health and Happiness.  Go check them out for some more yummy recipes!  Have a great week!


2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your time away! Your meals for the week look really tasty! Tomato Ricotta Pasta sounds sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your little break! Blackberry infused water- yum!!

    ReplyDelete