Monday, November 6, 2017

Keeping Up With...Fitness Goals (Aug/Sept/Oct Recap & Nov/Dec Goals)

Did anyone notice that I haven't updated about my goals in a while?  I actually had goals for September and kept track (mostly) of what I did towards those goals.  But September and October were super busy and overwhelming for us.  We had a lot going on and a lot of adjusting to new schedules to do.  With all of that I never got time to sit down and write a full recap and set goals for Oct.  As a result I honestly kind of floundered through October with very little direction, especially in the fitness area.  I decided the last week of October that I needed to get my butt in gear and make a plan and I did, sort of.

It may sound like an excuse, but this time of year is really hard for me (and most people) to focus on their fitness goals.  I have a few holidays plus a trip to Disney in the next 2 months.  But here's the thing, I've gone backwards and gained weight and lost some muscle and endurance.  So I have to do something.  So I decided to do what I can for the next two months and at least stop the backslide.  My main goal is to maintain over the next two months and not let it get any more out of control.  I'm really going to buckle down in the new year and make it a super healthy 2018!

I also couldn't decide what to do about these blog posts.  Should I just drop them and pick them up in the new year?  Should I try to do a Sept recap (since it was mostly done) and then drop it?  Should I try to recreate an Oct post?  Does anyone besides me even care?  I had lots of thoughts about it!  Here's what I decided.  This post will be a recap of the last three months (Aug/Sept/Oct) and a list of goals for the next two months (Nov/Dec).  Then at the end of December or first week in January I will do a post recapping how this year ended and what I'm planning for next year.  I'm not sure if I'll do monthly posts or not.  They were definitely better than annual goals, I had way more focus.  But I know we're going to stay busy so I'm not sure I want to commit to two extra posts each year.  I'll see how it goes and let you know!

So here's how I did for the last three months:
1.  Lose 10 pounds (10 lbs in 2 months) - This went in the wrong direction and when I weighed in on Nov 1, I had gained 5 lbs since the start of Aug.  Blah!
2.  Do measurements at the end of the two months & maintain current measurements (0 inches gained or lost for three months) - I didn't even bother.  I'm sure I'm bigger.  My pants don't fit.  Some shirts don't fit right.  It's not pretty over here.
3.  Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes 55 days these months (55 days for two months) - I'm going to say this was another fail since I exercised 51 days in the three months.  I didn't even hit the goal with an extra month!
4.  Go to ten classes that I'm not teaching (10 classes for two months) - Another fail, although I started out strong.  I took 5 classes - Barre, Aqua Zumba, SS Circuit, Turbo Kick and Zumba with Jaime in September.  But then nothing other than my classes in October.
5.  Learn 3 new songs to add to my Zumba classes (3 songs for the two months) - I actually kicked butt on this one!  I learned and added 7 new songs over the three months - Roxanne, Despacito, Bailando Soca, 24 Hours in the Disco, Candela Pura, Si No Vuelves and Verano.  I also brought back some Halloween favorites - Thriller, Calling All the Monsters, Black Widow and Ghostbusters.  At least my classes haven't been repetitive!
6.  Add a few classes back to my schedule (teach 6 classes/week) - I was able to do this.  I'm up to teaching 3 Zumba classes and 4 Silver Sneakers classes each week plus Barre every other week.  And I subbed a bunch in September as well, which was part of the reason I couldn't get to other people's classes as often.
7.  Use MyFitnessPal to track my meals for 45 days of the two months - Another fail.  I finished with 21 days in August and September and no days in October.  Although I did try to eat healthy a lot more than just those 21 days, I didn't track that so it's not surprising to see the gains on the scale.
8.  Use essential oils to help boost my health & flavor my water - Another one I have kicked butt on!  I have actually done this everyday since mid-August.  I add at least one oil to my water everyday and I think it's helping as I've survived two times of the kids being sick without getting it myself.  Here's hoping I continue to stay healthy!
And here's what I'll be focusing on the last two months of this year:
1.  Maintain my current weight (0 lbs gained in two months)
2.  Do my measurements and maintain where I started this year (0 inches in 12 months)
3.  Learn 4 songs to add to my Zumba classes (4 songs in 2 months) - I plan to do both Thanksgiving and Christmas themed songs
4.  Exercise as often as possible - I know this isn't specific but I want to try to work out just about every day these two months.
5.  Use MyFitnessPal to track my meals for 30 days of the two months
6.  Continue to use essential oils in my water everyday and diffuse them as well to boost the whole family's immunity, especially before Disney

That's all I'll be focusing on in terms of fitness over the next two months.  Come back tomorrow to hear about my family/personal goals for the next two months.  I'm focusing way more on that over the next two months for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment