Sunday, November 12, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Nov 13 - Nov 19)

What a fantastic food week we had last week!  Everything we made was delicious!  The only not great thing was that I didn't follow all of my meal plan for the week.  But the changes I made were necessary and the meals are bumped to this week so I don't really have to shop until later in the week.  It started with me not wanting to cook last Sunday, so I pushed our at home Chinese meal (Shrimp Fried Rice and Egg Drop Soup) to Monday.  It was a lot of work for a Monday, but it was worth it.  Tuesday night I went out to eat with a friend and then Friday we went out for lunch for a date while the boys were at school and we just weren't very hungry for dinner so we had a smaller meal of frozen appetizers.  Here are a few pictures of our eats for last week:
 
This week is the last full week that I will cook and meal plan for.  Next week is Thanksgiving and I will cook a big meal for that and then not really cook again until after our Disney trip.  I'm already trying to make sure I'm using up what we have so nothing goes bad while we are gone.  I spent last weekend organizing all 3 freezers and 2 fridges so I know what I have and what I need to use up.  I'm focusing on using up all of the fridge stuff and hope to leave them nearly empty.  And I'm using up a lot of stuff in our deep freeze so that our grocery bills are smaller this month since we're spending a lot of tickets and prep for our trip.  I'll probably do a blog post next week then take a few weeks off.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Sausage & Pepper Rustica - carryover from last week
Tuesday - Creamy Prawn Soup and salad - carryover from last week
Wednesday - Pesto Tortellini
Thursday - Crock Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
Friday - Homemade Mac and Cheese - I'm doubling this recipe and bringing it for a friend who just had surgery as well
Saturday - Thanksgiving with my brother's family.  I believe he's cooking but I need to double check
Sunday - Apple Honey Baked BBQ Ribs

Water Flavor - Orange

Overnight Oats - I continue to experiment with these and am loving it all.  This week I'm using up some of my free yogurts that I have gotten recently from the local stores.  I am making pina colada, blueberry and strawberry rhubarb, all using the original recipe I normally use but using the flavored yogurts.  I'm excited to try them all!  I'm also making these pumpkin chocolate chip bars again because the boys love them!  They have been begging me since we ran out last time so I'll be sure to keep these on our rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment