Sunday, November 5, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Nov 6 - Nov 12)

We did a pretty good job sticking to our meal plan last week, and started eating healthy after Halloween was over.  We had a ton of leftover Jets pizza so we decided to have that on Halloween before trick or treat instead of cooking something.  And I got a great deal on a rotisserie chicken this week so we had that on Thursday with some sides to make the week a little easier on me.  It was really good and nice to have a fully cooked, healthy meal in under 30 mins.  You'll see two meals from last week bumped to this week and a few of our standards as well.

I'm noticing that we truly have a lot more time in our schedule with soccer being over.  Most nights we don't have to go anywhere, we just get home from either school or my Zumba class and we're home.  This week we have nothing at night, it almost feels like a vacation!  We also have a weird week with people being off during the week.  The boys are off on Tuesday because it's voting day and the schools are polling places.  And then Adrian has off on Friday for Veteran's day and the boys have school - date day!  We also have play tickets for Friday night (Waitress) and Saturday night (Midsummer Nights Dream at the high school).  It's going to be a fun week!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Pesto Chicken Spaghetti Squash Bake
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday!
Wednesday - Sweet & Savory Stuffed Acorn Squash - I have one I need to use
Thursday - Cheeseburger Meatballs and Parmesan Roasted Carrots for the adults & meatball subs for the kids
Friday - Sausage & Pepper Rustica - one of Adrian's favorites when we eat out
Saturday - Creamy Prawn Soup
Sunday - Buffalo Ranch Chicken & Potato Casserole - I will be out most of the day working at the church between service, childcare and facilities manager so I'll set this up and come home to dinner ready!

Water Flavor - Apple.  We have a few old apples that are about to turn so I'll be using them up in my water this week.  A little break from the citrus I'll be doing a lot going forward.

Overnight Oats - I made pina colada flavored oats this week loosely following the recipe I always use.  I got a drinkable Green yogurt as a freebie from one of the stores and went to drink it and it was horrible!  So I mixed that with some oats, chia seeds, syrup and chocolate chips.  I ran out of oats while making it so I'm hoping it's OK.  If not when I get more oats tomorrow I will add some more.  I plan to also make the Chocolate Peanut Butter later this week when I eat what I have and get more oats.

No comments:

Post a Comment