Saturday, November 11, 2017

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 11/3 - 11/9)

Friday (11/3) Started with getting AJ out and on the bus and then me getting on the phone with Disney to start the planning process for our trip next month.  I couldn't get the boys' tickets to link to my account since my parents bought them but thankfully I talked to a wonderful guy and he got them linked and we got our Fast Passes for our first day in the parks.  We'll be spending Sunday in Hollywood Studios and have passes for Toy Story Mania, Tower of Terror & Star Tours.  After getting that taken care of, Adrian headed to AJ's school for his awards assembly while I got the other two boys ready for school.  AJ achieved the A/B honor roll for the first quarter, as did his buddy David.  He was very excited Adrian got to go to the assembly.
 
 

I spent the afternoon getting stuff around the house done and before I knew it, it was time to pick everyone up from school for the day.  I picked up AJ and his friend David from school today so they could have a play date at our house.  They did a great job playing together and had a ton of fun!  They played for a while together and then I picked up Daniel and Zak so they could join in the fun.  Daniel was super excited to tell me about his awards assembly today where he won three awards - perfect attendance, all A's and the Citizenship award for being respectful, responsible and safe.  I'm super proud of him and all three boys - they are off to a great start this school year!
 After David left, the boys played for a while and we all had dinner.  Then we finally got back to having family movie nights.  It was Zak's pick and we watched "The Emoji Movie."  The boys loved it, Adrian and I thought it was just alright.  But I'm glad the kids liked it, even Zak sat thru the whole movie.  After the movie, we got the boys in bed and settled in with our DVR.  We caught up on all of our favorite comedies from the past week.

Saturday (11/4) Started way too early when Zak came into our room at 5am.  Thankfully he went back to sleep but he sent me to the couch so I barely fell back asleep before my alarm was going off at 6:30 so I could get up to get our Animal Kingdom FastPasses.  I dragged myself to the computer and logged on right at 7am...and still couldn't get passes for the new Avatar ride.  I did get them for the Avatar river ride, Expedition Everest and Dinosaur so we're excited about those.  I'll keep checking for Avatar until the day we go.  After a few cups of coffee Adrian and I started on our giant to do lists.  This is a work weekend for us since we haven't gotten a lot done at all over the past few weeks with soccer and all of our fun fall activities.

Zak did have his last soccer game of the season since it was postponed last week due to snow.  He had a great time playing and his team won again.  They got medals to finish up the season.  Zak's coach was great this season, we really enjoyed playing for him.  Looking forward to more soccer in the spring, after a long break for the winter!  After the game, we spent the rest of the day doing stuff around the house while the boys played.  Adrian also watched the OSU game, which was depressing since it was such a blow out.  After the early wake up and a lot of work, we called it an early night since we were all tired.  Very productive Saturday for us!
Sunday (11/5) Daylight Savings Time - Yuck!  The boys were up at like 6:45.  Thankfully we went to sleep early last night and were ready to get up with them.  The other nice thing was that we got a lot of time this morning to get stuff done.  My brother and niece stopped by for a quick visit since we had a bunch of things to give to him.  Daniel and Isabelle were super excited to get some time to play together!  The rest of the day was spent doing stuff around the house.  We did finish up everything on our to do lists this weekend - yay!  The downside is that we also made other lists so we will be super busy the next few weekends.  We also got to watch Dallas win today and watch a few things from our DVR before heading to bed early once again to get ready for a crazy week.
Monday (11/6) Back to the grind today, if only for a day.  We got everyone up and out to school on time and I headed out to run errands.  I finished all of my grocery shopping for the week and also dropped off my application at the school district to be added to their sub list for non-teaching positions.  When I was done with my errands, I headed to school to volunteer in Zak's classroom.  I helped some students practice their letters and other practice their spelling.  It was a fun morning and I always have fun seeing the kids.

After that I came home and did a few things around the house and then picked everyone up from school.  Then we headed out to the Y for my Zumba class.  I had a super fun time teaching this class, it was a great group and we were all laughing and dancing for the full hour.  After class we came home and I started working on a fairly complicated dinner, especially for a Monday night.  But I got it done and it was delicious!  After dinner, we hung out for a bit, watched TV and cleaned up from the day.  It was an early night since we are all still adjusting to the time change.

Tuesday (11/7) After one day of school, the boys got a day off of school for a teacher professional day since some of the schools in our district are voting places.  They all slept in and then we got moving to head to my Silver Sneakers classes.  The boys did great sitting in the lobby while I taught my two classes and I had fun teaching my seniors.  After class we headed to Krispy Kreme to redeem the boys' report cards for their free donuts.  Zak was super excited to get his donuts since this is his first report card.  And the other boys are happy to have 6 to themselves and not have to share with Zak.
After a quick stop home for lunch, we headed out to the boys' dentist appointments.  Everyone did great, no cavities all around!  The appointments took a long time so by the time we got home we were all ready to relax a little and then got ready for dinner.  I headed out to meet two friends for dinner and a movie for a Moms Night Out.  We enjoyed a lovely dinner at Proust and then headed to the movie theater only to find out that Bad Moms was sold out.  So we headed to a bar to get another drink and then called it a night.  The boys had a fun night with Dad, tacos for dinner, video games and board games.  I got home just in time to tuck everyone in and enjoy some DVR time with Adrian before bed.


Wednesday (11/8) We got up and out to school on time again, although it was a close call today.  After I dropped the boys off, I came back home and worked on my to do list.  We have a busy weekend and I'm trying to make sure I stay caught up on what I need to do around the house.  The day flew by and before I knew it, it was time to get the boys from school and head to the Y for my Zumba class.  I had another great group and another great class!  After class we came home and had another awesome and different dinner.  I'm mixing up what we're eating and loving it.  Adrian ate quickly and headed out to his Bible study.  I hung out with the boys, who had a very rough night.  I think the time change and day off yesterday caught up with them today.  It was an early bedtime for them and then I finished cleaning up and watched Survivor with Adrian.  Hoping we have a better behavior day tomorrow!


Thursday (11/9) Another pretty normal day for us.  Everyone got up and out to school and work on time and then I went to teach my Silver Sneakers class.  After class, I ran a ton of errands including my monthly trip to Costco.  I got home and unloaded everything and it was pretty much time to pick up the boys from school.  The temperatures were higher than normal so I was able to walk to pick them up.  I got the kids settled in after school and got ready to leave for my Zumba class.  Thankfully I had set up dinner for tonight yesterday so I didn't have to worry about that.  After class I headed to the Scouts monthly committee meeting where AJ got to play with his buddy David.  We were there pretty late and got home just in time for me to kiss the other kids good night and get AJ settled in for the night as well.  Adrian and I watched a few comedies from our DVR and then headed to bed a little later than usual since he's off tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment