Sunday, November 19, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for Nov 20 - Nov 26)

We had another fantastic week of eating over here, although we didn't follow our plan 100%.  I ended up hosting Thanksgiving with my brother and his family yesterday and it turned out great!  But when I realized we were hosting, I needed more fridge room so last Thursday we had leftovers for dinner in an attempt to empty the fridge.

Here's the menu for what I made for Thanksgiving #1:
Ham - spiral ham from Aldi in the crock pot, delicious & easy!
Cheesy Potatoes - boxed from Betty Crocker, again delicious & easy :)
Cornbread Corn
Pumpkin Spaghetti Squash - this was delicious!  Do yourself a favor and try it!
Baked Beans - Bush's canned beans
Roasted Asparagus - just asparagus, pepper, lemon juice, olive oil & crushed red pepper
Homemade Applesauce - just apples, sugar, water & cinnamon
Cookie Brownies - thanks again Betty Crocker!
Peanut Butter Surprise - I was planning to make this recipe but what I thought was angel food cake mix was actually almond pound cake mix.  I made it work and it was delicious but a little heavy.  Probably would have been better with the angel food cake.
The next few weeks are weird and off schedule for us and our meal plan will reflect that.  I won't be doing another meal plan blog post until at least mid-December, and I may take the rest of the year off.  It will be busy around here with a lot of easy, thrown together meals.  I'll be back to normal planning and eating in the New Year for sure!

Here's what I'm making this week:
Ham & Bean Soup - using up leftover ham from yesterday
Crock Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars 
Enchilada Spaghetti Squash
Turkey Pot Pie - using up leftover turkey after Thursday
Taco Tuesday!

I'm also hosting Thanksgiving #2 on Thursday so here's my menu for that:
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Chicken Artichoke Dip
Pepperoni & Cheese
Turkey
Mashed Potatoes - homemade with sour cream & cheese
Gravy - from a bottle
Sausage Stuffing
Roasted Sweet Potatoes - I'm going to add pears to this as well, I love that combination
Green Bean & Bacon Casserole - We're trying something new this year instead of doing bacon wrapped green beans
Brussels Sprouts Salad
Cheese Stuffed Zucchini - We've been making this for years, always a favorite!
Pumpkin Spaghetti Squash - I made enough on Saturday to have it again today
Homemade Applesauce - Again, I made enough on Saturday so it's ready to go today
Cheesecake
Apple Crisp - Using up a mix in my pantry and apples that I bought at Lynd's on sale this past week
Brownies - Again, using up a mix in my pantry

Other than all of the above, we will be having leftovers and trying to empty out our fridges so we're ready to leave for Florida in just under two weeks!  If we have any of this food leftover, I will freeze it so we can eat it when we get home.  I'm excited to just have about four more days of cooking left and then I won't be cooking again until mid-December.

I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy lots of good food and memories with family and friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment