Saturday, November 4, 2017

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 10/20 - 10/26)

Friday (10/20) Day off from school!!  The boys let me sleep in until after 8am and Zak slept until after 9am.  He's still not feeling great so I think the extra sleep really helped him.  We had a lazy morning of watching TV and video games and playing Beyblade.  Then after lunch we packed up and headed to the zoo to meet our friends and go to Boo at the Zoo.  However we were disappointed to learn that the rides at Jungle Jack's were closed for the season already.  They are apparently remodeling the area so it was all closed off for the construction.

The boys had a great time playing at the splash park with Michael and Daniel while Katie and I caught up for a while.  Then I took AJ and Daniel to the Halloween 4D movie that was playing, Happy Family.  It was really cute, we all enjoyed it.  Zak stayed with Katie and the other boys and explored the aquarium.  When the movie was over, it was time for Boo and the zoo became crazy.  It was super crowded and the lines for candy were really long.  We decided to eat our dinner and then head out.  We tried another trick or treat trail I knew of but that was also jam packed.  AJ and Daniel didn't want to stay so I took them to Menchie's for ice cream.  Zak and Adrian stayed at the trail and had a fun time playing games, collecting candy and enjoying being outside on the beautiful night.  It was a failed attempt at some Halloween fun but thankfully we have lots more opportunities!



Saturday (10/21) We were up bright and early for soccer today.  Daniel had his last tournament this morning and his team won so they finished first in their bracket.  While Adrian was there with him, I took AJ to his game.  They lost to a very good team in a tough game.  Then Zak played and they won big again.  We all met back home after the games and our plan was to go to Creepside but all three boys were really tired, as were me and Adrian.  So we hung out at home relaxing and playing.  Daniel and Zak spent most of the day outside riding bikes and playing with our neighbors.
AJ had one more game this afternoon so Adrian took him to that so I could stay home with Daniel and Zak.  Unfortunately, they lost their final tournament game.  It was a tough tournament for them, the teams were better than them and their coach is overseas on a mission trip so they only have their assistant coach.  AJ had a fun season and wants to play again so we're really happy with the season as a whole.  When everyone got home, we grilled steaks for dinner (possibly for the last time) then got ready to head out to two different Halloween parties.  During dinner we had a big event - Zak lost his first tooth!!  He is so excited for the tooth fairy to come tonight!
After dinner, we started our night at the Jefferson Township Halloween party.  We go every year and it seems to get bigger and more popular each year.  We went and did the Haunted Trail first and all 5 of us made it thru the scary side this year.  Daniel and AJ were a little skittish but we managed to get them thru.  Then we waited to take a hayride thru the trail.  After the hayride the boys played some games and got a few prizes.  We were pretty much done after that so we let the boys play at the playground for a little while and then we headed out to party number two.
We went to a local ice cream shop, Cones N Concoctions, for their trunk or treat event.  It was their first year so I wasn't really sure what to expect.  It turned out to be really fun!  We got there just in time for the costume contest and the boys won 2nd place ($30 in gift cards to the ice cream place).  Then we went around to the trunks they had set up, there was about 15 and the boys enjoyed seeing them.  We finished up with some ice cream cones, which the boys got for free since they were in costume.  When we got home, it was late so we go the kids to bed and then I headed up soon after them while Adrian watched all of the sports that were happening tonight.  It was a long but fun day! 

Sunday (10/22) We were all really lazy when we got up so we decided not to go to first service for church and just have a lazy start to our day.  The boys had some video game time while Adrian and I did a few things around the house that needed to get done.  In the afternoon, we headed to Daniel's soccer celebration.  We enjoyed a yummy picnic lunch with  his team, including the amazing dirt cake that I made.  Then the coach gave out the first place medals to the team.  He had some nice things to say about how Daniel has improved over the season.  Finally we played a parents versus kids soccer game.  I opted to sit out and chat with a few of the other moms while Adrian played in the game.  They all had fun and the parents pulled out a win in the end!
 

After the party, we headed home to catch up on the football games that we missed.  We watched the Jets lose in a heart breaking fashion, they really tried to lose that game!  And then we watched the Cowboys destroy the 49ers.  While we were watching, the boys had some more video games and we also all grazed for dinner since we weren't super hungry after the large lunch we had at the party.  We finished up the football games and then got the kids settled in bed for the night.  We finished a few things that we needed to do around the house and then watched a few shows from our DVR.  New shows only started a month ago and we're already super far behind!  I'm sure we'll catch up eventually, we always do.

Monday (10/23) We all headed back to school after our long weekend.  I got everyone out on time and then headed to the district office to get my fingerprints done so I can start subbing soon.  I ran a few other errands and then headed into Zak's classroom to volunteer.  I played alphabet bingo with a few of the students and did a few things to help the teacher too.  I also got to see Daniel, he was in the library when I went down to talk to the librarian about my sub application.  It was a fun surprise for both of us!

When everyone got home from school, we loaded up and went to the Y for my Zumba class.  Then we ran home to have a quick dinner and then headed out to Zak's Cub Scout Halloween party.  We had pizza and lots of snacks, played some games and saw the boys in their cute costumes.  It was a fun family night and the boys loved playing all of the games.  When we got home it was late so we got the boys to bed, cleaned up a little, watched a TV show and then headed to bed ourselves.
Tuesday (10/24) Everyone got up and out of the house on time today.  After I dropped the boys off I headed to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  I had packed my lunch so I could go run multiple errands after class.  However as I was on my way to the first one, I got a phone call from the school that Daniel and Zak were being release early because the school had no power.  So I turned around and came home to realize that my house also didn't have power.  I walked up to get the boys and thankfully we all had packed lunches so we ate together in the dark-ish kitchen.  Thankfully about an hour later the electric came back on!
I enjoyed my bonus time with Daniel and Zak, we played a few board games and watched a little TV.  AJ got home and they played while I cooked tacos for dinner for all of us.  Then I headed out to work at the church for a few hours while Adrian took AJ to Cub Scouts.  I picked him up when we were done and got a few things done with people in the pack as well.  We got home late so AJ watched a show and had a snack while the other two were already upstairs getting ready for bed.  We watched a show on our DVR while also checking in on the World Series.  We don't really like baseball but of course are interested in the playoffs.

Wednesday (10/25) We got up and everyone got ready for school and then Daniel told me he wasn't feeling well.  We decided he was well enough to try going to school, especially since he had mandatory state testing this morning.  I told him if he didn't feel well after the test, he should go to the nurse and I would come pick him up.  At about 11am my phone rang and I went to pick him up for the day.  He spent the rest of the day on the couch resting, he has a horrible head cold as well as some stomach issues.  I got the other kids when the day was over and since I couldn't take Daniel to the Y, we had a relaxing night at home.  Adrian came home to have dinner with us then headed out to his small group Bible study.  When he came home, we got the kids to bed and then watched Survivor before heading to bed ourselves.
Thursday (10/26) We were all up ridiculously early today, around 5am.  Daniel wasn't feeling well, Zak was just ready to be up for the day.  I tried to get Dan to go back to sleep in bed with me while Adrian took Zak downstairs to play a game.  He eventually got AJ up and ready for school...but then we missed the bus because he was playing the game with Zak again.  Thankfully since we were both home, he drove AJ to school when it started.  I took Zak when his day started while Adrian worked from home with a sick Daniel so I could go teach my two classes.  I also ran a few errands that needed to get done this week.  Zak's soccer practice tonight cancelled because it was pretty cold so the guys all had a free night and spent the time relaxing, watching TV and playing board games.  I had a Zumba class to teach so I ran out to do that.  We got everyone in bed early tonight since we started our day so early.  Adrian and I caught up on the past 2 weeks of Will and Grace - loving the new version!  Then we also had a fairly early night since we had an early morning.  Hoping for better sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment