Thursday, November 30, 2017

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 11/24 - 11/30)

Friday (11/24) We all slept in a little today after a long, busy day yesterday.  We had a fairly lazy morning of TV and video games and then shortly after lunch I took AJ and Daniel to see the movie "Wonder."  AJ has been very excited to go see it since he just read the book in school.  We all loved the movie - highly recommend it!  AJ and I both cried, although it seems I may have cried a little more than he did.  We also had a great conversation on the way home about choosing to be kind all the time.
While we were at the movie, Adrian took Zak to Target to start his Christmas shopping.  He also got new sneakers so he is ready to go for our Disney trip.  When we all got home, Adrian started hanging the Christmas lights outside, I finished cleaning up the dishes from yesterday and the boys had a great time playing Minecraft together.  We had an easy dinner of leftovers then had a family game night.  We played Forbidden Island & Castle Panic and won both games!  It was fun to be able to play something together as a family.  Then we watched the Trolls holiday special and got the kids to bed.  Adrian had another basketball game to watch and I relaxed for a bit, enjoyed a glass of wine and headed to bed early again.

Saturday (11/25) Everyone slept in today and we had a pretty lazy morning. We got a few things done around the house and then it was time for "the game" - OSU vs Michigan.  I jumped in and out of watching it while also working around the house and taking care of the kids so Adrian could watch undisturbed.  It turned out to be a pretty good game and thankfully OSU won again!  When the game was over, all of the guys headed outside to decorate while I worked in the house.  They got all of the outside decorations up and also went on a bike ride since the weather was so nice.

We had more leftovers for dinner and then we were planning on having a movie night where we watched Daniel's choice of Transformers.  Unfortunately Redbox didn't have the first movie so we decided to wait on it until we can get it from either the library or the video store.  So instead, Adrian and I picked the movie and we watched "Elf" as a family.  Everyone loved it!  It's been years since I've watched it and I forgot how funny it is.  We all laughed a lot and had a great family movie night.  When we got the kids in bed, Adrian and I did a bunch of things on our list that required us to chat and figure things out.  So we did that while sharing a bottle of wine.  We watched a few comedies from our DVR to finish our night and headed to bed. 

Sunday (11/26) Started super early with AJ coming up at 4am to wake me up and tell me he was puking.  So not the way we wanted to start our Sunday.  I got him cleaned up and calmed down & he fell back asleep in my bed so I moved to the spare room and got a few more hours of sleep.  He still wasn't feeling well so I was going to stay home from church with him and the others were going to go, until they went outside to find our front tire on our van flat.  I don't know what is going on with this van but this is the third flat tire we've had in like 8 months.  So Adrian headed out to get that fixed while I dealt with the kids at home and tried to get a few things done.

I spent the afternoon yelling at the TV while watching the Jets lose another game that they should have won.  When that misery was over, we finished putting up our Christmas decorations including putting all of the ornaments on the trees and putting up all of our inside decorations.  The house is looking very festive!  AJ spent the day resting on the couch and seems to be OK.  We finished up our to do lists and feel like we're in pretty good shape to leave early Friday morning for vacation.  Will see how the rest of this week goes though.  We got the boys back on their regular schedule and to bed early for school tomorrow.  We watched a few DVR shows to try to empty it as much as we can before we leave and headed to bed early as well.
Monday (11/27) Started a little later than normal since AJ still wasn't feeling 100% so he didn't go to school today.  I got Daniel and Zak up and out to school in their pajamas for right to read week.  They were super excited to wear pajamas to school today!  AJ slept in until almost 10am and seems to be feeling much better.  One more day of rest and he should be back to normal.  He spent the day on the couch watching TV shows and video games while I got as much done around the house as I could to get us ready to leave in just 4 short days!
Before I knew it, it was time to pick up the other boys from school.  The weather was so nice I decided to walk to pick them up.  Then we headed to the Y for my Zumba class.  I had a fun class with the student's picks for songs today.  Then on the way home, Zak threw up all over the car.  It was no fun for any of us in the car, especially him.  He seems fine after throwing up so we are hoping he is OK going forward and that this either ends with him or Daniel gets it ASAP so we are all healthy for Friday.

After we got home, I did what I could to clean up the car but I had to head to Eastpointe to work as the facility rep for a few hours tonight.  Adrian help down the fort at home, including cleaning up the car and taking care of the boys.  They had a relaxing night and headed to bed early.  AJ will be going back to school tomorrow, Zak will be staying home.  While I was at work, the stomach bug hit me.  I made it thru my shift and practically crawled home and into bed.

Tuesday (11/28)  I was awoken in the middle of the night to hear that the stomach bug had also hit Adrian.  So now if you're counting, that is everyone except Daniel.  Adrian and I spent the day taking turns sleeping upstairs and supervising Zak downstairs.  He was feeling fine all day, but we couldn't send him to school since he threw up yesterday.  It was a long, rough day but we survived.  AJ and Daniel went to school and AJ was also able to go to Cub Scouts thanks to our friend who drove him there and back.  I went to bed by like 7:30 in hopes of getting a good night of sleep and waking up feeling better.

Wednesday (11/29) We all felt OK this morning so we decided to go ahead with our day as scheduled.  Adrian and I got AJ off to school and then he headed into work.  I got Daniel and Zak ready and off to school and then headed off to run a bunch of errands.  I got everything done, but it was a slow process with lots of breaks of sitting in my car.  My last errand was stopping into Zak's classroom to read them two books for right to read week.  The kids were super excited to see me and I enjoyed reading two Pete the Cat books to them.

After I got home, I relaxed a lot on the couch and tried to recover from the day.  I got everyone picked up from school and said a prayer of thanks that my dear friend was able to sub my Zumba class for me tonight as I do not have the energy to teach.  I did manage to take the boys to mail their letters to Santa tonight.  Hopefully when we get home we will have return letters waiting for us!  When we got home, we had a quick dinner of leftovers on our quest to continue cleaning out the fridge and then had a relaxing night together.  We did a few things to get ready to leave but mostly just relaxed and rested for our last day of work and school tomorrow.  Adrian and I watched Survivor together after we got the kids to bed, it was a great double episode!
Thursday (11/30) Started early as usual but this should be the last time for 10 days, yay!  Adrian and I got AJ out to school and then he headed to work.  I got Daniel and Zak ready and off to the last day of right to read week for them.  I headed to teach my Silver Sneakers classes even though I wasn't feeling 100%.  I struggled a little teaching them but I survived.  And it was worth it to see all of my seniors smiling faces today.  After both classes, I ran to the corner salon for a quick pedicure.  It was super relaxing to sit and veg out for the hour that she took care of my feet and they look amazing and ready for Florida!

After that I came home and got started on my massive to do list.  I picked AJ up from school since he had a lot of books to bring home to do his school work while we are gone.  Then soon after I picked up Daniel and Zak.  They had a great day at school with the visiting author and really wanted to go back tonight for family literacy night.  Unfortunately we just had too much to do to make it work this year.  So we had a quick dinner of more leftovers and then got started on our packing list.  The boys were very helpful and we finished quickly.  We took a short break in the packing to watch "Charlie Brown Christmas" together as a family before putting the boys to bed.  Adrian and I finished up what we could and then watched the Cowboys game.  Trying to get to bed early for an early morning tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment