Tuesday, August 1, 2017
Keeping Up With...Fitness Goals (July Recap & Aug/Sept Goals)
Here's how I did last month:
1. Maintain my current weight this month (0 lbs gained or lost for the month) - I gained 3 pounds. And we're going to the fair tomorrow so I'll probably gain more. Not good.
2. Do measurements at the end of the month & maintain current measurements (0 inches gained or lost for the month) - I didn't check my measurements this month but I assume based on my weight change that I'm either the same or slightly up.
3. Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes 25 days this month (25 days for the month) - I did accomplish this goal, I exercised 26 days of the past 31 days. It helped that I subbed a lot of classes this month so that helped keep me active.
4. Go to one class that I'm not teaching (1 class for the month) - I didn't get to any classes this month but I did do another Zumba jam so that counts as a class in my mind. I'm calling it a win.
5. Learn 3 new songs to add to my Zumba classes (3 songs for the month) - I actually killed this goal and learned 4 new songs for my classes, "Te Amo Happy," "Back in Time," "Verano," and "Kanto Negro." It helps that I did 2 jams in like 2 weeks so I have a ton of choreo to use now.
I was trying to figure out my goals for August and realized it's really a split month for me. From today until the 15th it's still summer break, my mom is here and we are going camping. So not a lot of goals being worked on in the first half of the month. But then the kids go back to school and I really need to refocus on myself. So I decided to just do my goals for the next two months. I won't update at the end of August, I'll wait until the end of Sept. It will really be goals for those six weeks after school starts though.
Here are my goals for the next two months:
1. Lose 10 pounds (10 lbs in 2 months)
2. Do measurements at the end of the two months & maintain current measurements (0 inches gained or lost for three months)
3. Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes 55 days these months (55 days for two months)
4. Go to ten classes that I'm not teaching (10 classes for two months)
5. Learn 3 new songs to add to my Zumba classes (3 songs for the two months)
6. Add a few classes back to my schedule (teach 6 classes/week)
7. Use MyFitnessPal to track my meals for 45 days of the two months
8. Use essential oils to help boost my health & flavor my water
I think these goals are the right mix of challenging yet with a little flexibility for the next two months. I know the start of the school year, and soccer season, will add a whole new kind of challenge to my schedule but I really need to make some time to get my working out and eating healthy under control. I'm also hoping that Sept stays pretty warm and we can still do a few family swims at the Y before it gets cold. If it does get cold, maybe some family walks/hikes will be in order.