Monday, November 13, 2017

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 10/27 - 11/2)

Friday (10/27) One more day of Daniel being home and sick.  I am thankful I didn't have a lot going on this week so I was able to stay home with him most days.  I got everyone else up and out to school and let Daniel sleep in a little bit.  I worked around the house while he relaxed on the couch.  He fell asleep for a while and woke up and was completely better.  Kids bounce back so quick!  I still made him relax, even after his brothers got home from school.  Adrian came home early so I was able to go to the Y to teach my barre class and Daniel could stay home and rest.

After my class was over, we all had a quick dinner together and headed out to one of the elementary schools for their trunk or treat event.  It was super crowded but we still had fun!  The boys were excited to see some of their friends and teachers there dressed up and handing out candy.  After we did the candy loop, we played on the play ground for a little and got in our car just before the rain started.  We got home and let the boys have a little bit of video game time and then got them ready for bed.  When they were in bed, we watched a few things from our DVR and then headed to sleep ourselves.  It's been a long week!
Saturday (10/28) We woke up today to our first snow of the year!  It was just light flurries, but the boys, especially Zak, were all excited to see it.  Since the weather was so bad, Zak's final soccer game was postponed until next week.  I feel like this season is never going to end!  That freed up our morning for a little relaxing and a little work around the house.  Then around noon, Daniel had a birthday party so Adrian took him to Magic Mountain and stayed to celebrate with them.  He had a great time playing with friends from his class in the play area, on the bumper cars and with the video games.  He also won a ton of tickets to add to our collection.

After the party, Adrian got ready for the Ohio State vs Penn State game.  It didn't start out great and it wasn't looking good when it was time to trick or treat in the neighborhood next door to ours.  I had been back and forth about taking the boys but since it warmed up a little and they really wanted to go, we put costumes on and headed out.  Well, Daniel, Zak and I did, AJ said he wasn't feeling that great and wanted to stay home with Dad.  We made it about an hour trick or treating before we all got too cold.  But that was enough time to just about fill their buckets with candy and tour their favorite "spooky" house.  We got home just in time for hot Jets pizza, cold beer and the amazing OSU victory!  It was fun to watch the end of the game while I was thawing out.  The rest of the evening was spent hanging out, watching TV and heading to bed early.
Sunday (10/29) We all slept in again and did not feel like getting moving.  We did a few things around the house before heading out to church together for the second service.  I served in children's ministry and had so much fun having a party with almost 40(!) kids.  Adrian enjoyed the service and we are both super excited about some of the upcoming things at our church.  When service was over, we headed home to have a quick lunch and then bundle up to head out to the corn maze at Lynd's.  However AJ still wasn't feeling well so we decided he and I should stay home while the other three went and solved the maze.  They had fun in the maze, bouncing in the bounce houses and playing in the play area, although it was still pretty cold.
While they were at the maze, AJ relaxed and watched video games in bed while I worked around the house and watched the Jets lose in heart breaking fashion.  It's so frustrating when they don't finish games!  At least Dallas beat the Redskins, which we watched when everyone got home.  The rest of the night was filled with football, video games and finishing up a few things around the house.  We have another busy week on tap and want to try to be as ready as possible.

Monday (10/30) Everyone was healthy so we were finally back to our regular school schedule!  I got everyone up and out and then ran errands for what felt like forever.  I had a lot of grocery shopping and a few other errands to run so I was out until early afternoon.  I came home and put everything away and before I knew it, it was time to do pick ups.  I got everyone from school and then we headed to the Y for my Zumba class.  Adrian met me there so I could rush over to the church to do my other job for the night.  Unfortunately no one who was supposed to be using the church showed up so I ended up finishing early for the night.  I joined the "Secret Sisters" group in my church for the next six months and they were having their first meeting tonight so I was a surprise attendee there.  I picked my "sister" for the next six months and also won a beautiful fall door prize.  It wrapped up early and my friend and I were joking that we told our husbands we would be later and didn't want to go home until after bedtime.  So we went to Starbucks together to catch up and drink some yummy drinks.  I got home just in time to kiss the boys good night & sit down with Adrian and our DVR.

Tuesday (10/31) Happy Halloween!!  I got everyone up and out to school before I headed out to my Silver Sneakers classes.  I wore my new fun shirt and passed out M&Ms to everyone.  We had a fun workout to campy Halloween music.  After class, I came home and did some baking.  I made banana bread for our breakfasts and these cute cupcakes for the kids to have after trick or treat tonight.
When the kids got home from school, it was all I could do to keep them calm and wait until it was time to trick or treat.  They watched some TV, played a little and we all ate leftover Jets pizza.  Finally it was time to get into costumes!  AJ's friend David and his family came over to walk around with us.  It was a little cold but we all survived.  Our neighbors were super generous as always, the kids got a ton of candy and had a ton of fun running around the neighborhood.  When we got home everyone had a cupcake and a piece of candy and we watched a Halloween special.  Then thankfully they crashed and we got them to bed since they have school bright and early tomorrow.
 
Wednesday (11/1) After a late night, it was a little harder to get up and moving than usual but we managed.  We all got up and out on time to work and school.  After I dropped off the boys at school, I came home to deal with a bunch of stuff around the house that needed to be done.  I finished as much as I could for my sub application, I just need to go to training in two weeks and I should be ready to start working.  I also made a plan for this weekend as we will be having a "no fun" weekend and getting caught up on everything around the house that needs to be done.  The day flew by and before I knew it, it was time to pick everyone up from school.  Zak was very excited to get in the car and show me that he had his first award ceremony today and he got his certificate for perfect attendance for the first quarter!!  We headed straight to the Y for my Zumba class, where I had a fun time working off the candy from yesterday with my students.  After class, we headed home and had a relaxing night at home.  We ate dinner and watched some TV while Adrian was at Bible study.  It was an early bedtime all around, trying to catch up after yesterday.
Thursday (11/2) We did much better getting up and out this morning after a good night of sleep for all.  Everyone got out to school and work and I headed to my Silver Sneakers classes.  After class, I ran a few errands and then came home to start on the massive to do lists for the weekend.  I got a lot done and as always the day flew by.  I picked up the boys from school and got them settled for the night.  I got ready for my Zumba class and got Zak ready for his final soccer practice.  I headed out to class and had a fun time even though I only had 2 people.  While I was there, Zak had his final practice which included a fun scrimmage against his coach's other team (about a year older than Zak's team).  They all had fun playing to a tie and then celebrated with donuts and juice boxes.  When we all got home, Adrian and I had dinner together and then got the boys down for the night.  Then we watched the Jets beat the Bills handily and stayed up a little later than we should.  Thankfully we have a late start tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment