Friday, November 24, 2017

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 11/17 - 11/23)

Friday (11/17) We went to bed really early last night and I got a great night of sleep!  I'm glad because I have a lot to do this weekend so I'm happy to be fully rested.  I got everyone up and out to school and work on time, although AJ was saying he didn't feel well.  He decided to go to school anyway but I waited all day for the call from the nurse.  Thankfully it never came and he was feeling fine when I picked him up.  After I dropped everyone off, I ran to Meijer to finish my shopping for this weekend and to Target to start some Christmas shopping.  Then I came home and got a bunch of stuff done around the house to start prepping for Thanksgiving #1 tomorrow.

Soon it was time to pick up the boys from school.  I was excited it was just over 50 degrees so we were able to walk home from school this afternoon.  When we got home I packed us up quickly and we headed to the Y for my barre class.  It was a small but mighty class and we got a great workout.  Then we came home and I made homemade mac and cheese for us for dinner before we settled in for family movie night.  We watched AJ's pick this week, "Hercules."  It was very entertaining, we all enjoyed it!  After the movie we got the boys to bed and finished our prep for dinner tomorrow.  We watched a few shows from our DVR and headed to bed for a good night of rest before a busy day tomorrow!
Saturday (11/18) We were up and moving early this morning because it was a busy day!  I left first heading to the church to work as a facility rep for the morning.  I got everyone settled where they needed to be and soon Adrian arrived with the boys for AJ's final raingutter regatta.  He raced against 3 of his den members and came in 2nd out of the 4 boys, losing to one of his best friends, David.  He had fun racing and seeing all of his Scout friends this morning, as did I.
After the regatta, we came home and had a quick lunch and then finished up prepping for Thanksgiving with Carl, Sarah, Isabelle and Vinnie.  They came over in the afternoon and the kids had a blast playing together while the adults sat around chatting, eating and drinking wine.  The food was all excellent and it was a very nice and relaxed evening.  We also celebrated Carl's birthday about a week early with a yummy peanut butter surprise cake and some cookie brownies.  Soon after dessert they headed back home since Vinnie was exhausted.  We cleaned up our kitchen, got the boys to bed, had a little more wine & watched a few DVR shows.  We headed to bed exhausted and happy, it was a really great day.
Sunday (11/19) Started super early when AJ woke up at 5am.  Adrian came downstairs with his & went back to sleep on the couch while AJ watched some TV.  Once we were all up and moving we got to work on our to do lists.  We had a nice mix of being productive and playing games with the boys today.  While we were working around the house, they played video games.  We finished up everything on our to do lists and are in great shape to cook dinner on Thursday for family and then start getting ready for Disney.  We finished the night with the Cowboys Eagles game.
Monday (11/20) Short week for us and it started super early with Zak waking us up around 3:30am.  He made Adrian go downstairs with him while he watched TV and Adrian slept on the couch.  I dozed off for a little but didn't get much good sleep after he woke me up.  We got AJ up a little later for school so Adrian could drive him in with a few bags of cookies for his teachers.  Then I got Daniel and Zak ready and dropped off to school.  I headed into the school for an IEP meeting for Daniel who will start having speech therapy twice per week to work on his "r" sound.  We're hopeful he'll only need a year but will reevaluate this time next year.

After the meeting, I headed to the stores to do all of the grocery shopping that needs to be done until after we get back from Disney.  I'm sure there will be something else we'll need, but hopefully it will just be a quick trip sometime next week.  It took forever but I got everything done.  Of course it probably would have been quicker if I didn't run into a handful of friends in the stores, but that's part of the fun of shopping this time of year!
I finally got home and got started trying to put all of this stuff away.  I also had to get ready to teach my afternoon Zumba class so it was a bit hectic.  I picked everyone up from school and we headed to the Y for a fun Zumba class!  Then we rushed back home to get ready for Zak's Lions meeting but got a message from his leader that the meeting had been cancelled.  I did a little happy dance and then took a deep breath and slowed down for a minute.  We had a delicious dinner, finished putting away all of the groceries and all headed to bed early.  Tomorrow is our Friday!

Tuesday (11/21) Last day of school and work for us until Monday!  We got everyone up and out on time to school and then Adrian and I headed to work.  I taught my last two Silver Sneakers classes of the week and then ran my last few errands of the week.  Then I headed over to my friend's house for lunch with her.  She showed me how to use the Instant Pot and we sampled two delicious meals that we cooked in it.  I also compared the 6 quart and the 8 quart and decided I will be fine with the 6 quart, at least to get started.

After the great lunch, I headed home to get everyone from school.  I was excited that it was warm enough to walk to pick up Daniel and Zak.  The boys were all excited that they have no homework all weekend!  Daniel was also excited to tell me about the visit they had from a local meteorologist.  They recorded a short segment for the local news and we were able to spot Daniel in the crowd.  We were all excited to see him on TV!
The boys hung out playing video games and playing Beyblade while I got tacos ready for dinner.  We ate and then I headed out to work at Eastpointe for a few hours before meeting two of my girlfriends for a movie night.  We finally got to see "Bad Moms Christmas."  It was super funny and we enjoyed the night out, especially the recliners and the wine.  It was a really nice break in the crazy of these few weeks!!
 
Wednesday (11/22) We all got to sleep in today and have no schedule to follow for the next five days!  We are super excited for this downtime!  We started the day watching some TV together then alternated between being productive and relaxing.  The boys played a lot of video games, exercised, started cleaning out the play room and wrote letters to Santa.  Adrian got a haircut, set up our Christmas tree, played with the boys and helped with the Thanksgiving food prep.  I did all of my daily tasks around the house, prepped as much food as possible for tomorrow and made our to do lists for the weekend.  After a dinner of leftovers we all sat down together and watched "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving."  It makes me laugh because the boys laugh so hard.  After we got them to bed, we finished up all of the prep for tomorrow, had a few drinks and watched "Survivor."  I hunkered down to stay up until 1am when my instant pot deal went live at Kohl's, which I was able to get!
Thursday (11/23)  Happy Thanksgiving!!  The day started early, or at least it felt early after staying up so late.  We started with a lazy morning of TV and donuts and then watched the parade together as a family.  Well, at least we started to watch it as a family.  AJ and Zak got bored after about 45 minutes, and Daniel after about the first half.  Adrian and I watched the whole thing and called the boys to see Santa arrive at the end.  After the parade, it was time to start cooking and get ready for our company!
I'm very thankful we did almost all of the prep yesterday as it made today very easy.  It was mostly just making sure we put everything in the oven on time.  Adrian and I even had time to play a board game together - I learned how to play Pandemic & it was a lot of fun!  Late in the afternoon, my in-laws, sister in law and nephew arrived for dinner.  We had a nice time catching up and watching football before it was time to eat.  We all ate too much - everything was delicious!  And we enjoyed some of my father in law's homemade Roscata wine, also delicious.
Soon after dinner, they all headed home and we tried to get the kitchen somewhat back together.  I was really tired though so I didn't do as much as I normally would have.  We hung out for a bit watching the end of the Dallas football game (it was pretty bad so we watched it on fast forward).  When the game was over I decided I was done for the day and crashed as soon as my head hit the pillow.  Adrian stayed up because OSU played a basketball game around midnight.  He had fun watching the game, even though they lost big.  It was a rough sports day for us!


No comments:

Post a Comment