Friday, November 3, 2017

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 10/13 - 10/19)

Friday (10/13) One more day of sleeping in while AJ is away at camp.  We got up and got ready and headed in to school for the day.  I was at book fair for one more day and I finished up around lunch time.  I headed home to do a few things and wait for the campers to arrive home.  AJ was wiped out when they got home but he said he had a blast.  He told me all about all of the different hikes and activities they did.  His favorite was the night hike and learning that we all have night vision and how it works.  After telling me all about his trip, he settled in to watch TV and video games since he went 3 days without any electronics.

Adrian and I walked up to pick up the other two boys and then I headed to the Y to teach my barre class.  I stopped to pick up subs and pizza for dinner after class because we had limited time to eat and freshen up before heading downtown for our first play of this season.  We saw "School of Rock" and it was pretty good.  It's not one of my favorites, but it was entertaining and kept me awake.  I thought the kids were really talented, they play all of the instruments themselves each performance.  We had a nice night out and the boys were thrilled to hang out with their sitter for a few hours!
Saturday (10/14) We were up bright and early thanks to Zak decided 5am would be a good time to start our day.  I actually fell back asleep and Adrian said he dozed a little on the sofa as well.  But then the alarm clocks started going off because we had an early (and long) day of soccer planned.  It started with me heading to our home field to fulfill our volunteer requirement in the concession stand.  While I was there, Adrian took everyone to AJ's first tournament game which ended in a tie.  Then they came to our home field for Zak's game.  I headed home so AJ could rest and Daniel could get ready.  Zak scored his first goal, we was even able to beat 2 defenders to do it!  He was super excited to tell me when he got home.  His team won big again, they are having a great season. 
Adrian grabbed a quick lunch and then headed out to Daniel's game.  He played his best game all season and was awarded the sportsmanship award for the game.  He wanted to get a pretzel with it but they were sold out so he got a hot dog instead.  Daniel's team didn't win, but they played a tough game.  They came home and rested for a while and then Adrian and AJ headed out to his second tournament game of the day, which they lost.  AJ played his best game of the season today as well and even though he's still worn out from camping he didn't complain at all about having to play today.

When all of the soccer was over, we all sat down to a dinner of pasta with shrimp and wine for the adults as well.  The boys mostly played and watched video games the rest of the night while Adrian and I worked around the house and watched football.  He watched a few of the early games that were good before we settled down to watch the Buckeyes.  It was a blow out so I was bored early and headed upstairs to bed but Adrian enjoyed watching it until the very end.

Sunday (10/15) We all slept in and started moving a little after 8am.  I decided relaxing and getting a few things done was a better option for me this morning so I skipped the early service for church and just got ready to go to second service to serve in childcare.  Once again when I got there, we had too many teachers so I went to service with Adrian.  It was another great sermon, I'm loving our new pastor and this series!  After church, I headed straight to the other side of town to another YMCA to renew my CPR/AED certifications.  I was there all afternoon, but it's done and I'm certified for another two years.  It was a long day but a good refresher.

While I was there, Adrian took the boys to their last swim lesson of this session.  They all did great, Zak even jumped off the high board.  Then when they got home, they did a bunch of stuff around the house and played some video games.  When I finally got home, we had a quick dinner, got the boys to bed and watched the recorded Jets game.  It was a frustrating game with two bad calls against the Jets, but I'm glad they stayed competitive and it was a fun game to watch.  Just wish they had won!

Monday (10/16) We are back to our normal routine today.  We got AJ up early and out on to the bus.  Then I got the other boys up and ready for school.  I dropped them off, ran a few errands and headed into Zak's school for the morning.  I reviewed numbers with each kid and then did some prep work for his teacher.  When I was done I headed home to get ready for a busy night for me.  I picked up the boys from school and headed to the Y for my Zumba class.  It was a small but mighty (and fun!) class.  Then we rushed home, ate a quick dinner of meatball subs and I was back out to my newest job, facility representative for my church.  I am helping out with after hours events, just making sure the church is opened for them, then locked up when they leave.  So far it's a pretty easy and fun job.  It was a late night for me though, I didn't get home until about 9:30.  We had snacks and watched a quick show before heading to bed for the night.
Tuesday (10/17) We got up and out on time again today.  Only two more days of getting to school on time for Daniel and Zak to have perfect attendance for this quarter.  Daniel (and I) have been working hard for this award!  After I dropped everyone off I headed out to teach my two Silver Sneakers classes.  Then I ran a few errands and ran home to eat lunch and prep dinner.  I had a dentist appointment in the afternoon and it was super nice to go there alone (it's the little things).  The visit was made better by the fact that my teeth look great and I'm supposed to keep doing what I'm doing.

After the dentist, I ran home to get the boys from school and then loaded them up for a pediatrician visit for AJ.  He had both his annual well check and his 3 month med check.  Everything looks great and I was again told to keep doing what I'm doing.  He talked more to the nurse than he ever has before, she was really impressed with him.  After the appointment, we ran home and I got ready to head to work at the church again.  It was jumping tonight and I had a fun time chatting with some of the other church members who were there.  While I was there, Adrian dropped AJ off to Cub Scouts where he learned about Native Americans.  When everyone finally got home, we got the boys to bed and then Adrian and I watched a few comedies from last week and headed to bed ourselves.

Wednesday (10/18) We got out to school on time again today, one more day for perfect attendance!  It was wear your clothes backwards day so Zak and Daniel enjoyed getting dressed this morning.  After I got everyone out, I came home and spent the day working on my application to be a sub in our district.  It took a long time but I got just about everything done today.  I'm waiting for my license from the state and then I will upload that and submit my application.  Then I have orientation, employment verification and a background check to do early next month and then I should be ready to go.  In between doing that, I got a bunch of stuff done around the house and talked to my mom.  We are starting to make plans for our trip to Disney in December and we're all getting excited for it!

After I got everyone home from school, they had some time to relax and play before eating a quick dinner and heading out to Daniel's first soccer tournament game.  Unfortunately Zak has a bit of cold/runny nose so I stayed home with him and AJ while Adrian took Daniel to his game.  It was a pretty exciting game, they won in overtime with penalty kicks!  They continue on in the tournament now, playing again Sat morning.  The rest of the evening we just relaxed, watched TV and headed to bed early.  I'm hoping Zak is OK when he gets up tomorrow, we have a field trip to go to!
Thursday (10/19) Everyone got up and out again on time today, including me who was going to school with Zak for his field trip.  It was his first ever field trip and we went to Pigeon Roost with all of the kindergarteners from his school.  We had so much fun!!  We rode on the school bus, learned about pumpkins, ran all around the play area, did a ninja obstacle course, got lost in the corn and spent time with 7 other boys from Zak's class.  When we were finished, we got to pick a pumpkin and take the school bus back to school.  The only downside was that Zak has a bit of a cold so he wasn't as into it as he normally would have been.  But he still had a great time!
 



 
After the field trip I was exhausted so I came home and relaxed before picking everyone up at the end of the school day.  That means that Daniel and Zak got perfect attendance!!  They are both super excited, they'll get their certificates in about a week.  Then we had a quick dinner of homemade macaroni and cheese before I headed to Zumba and the guys headed to Zak's and Daniel's soccer practices.  We all met up back home when we were done and watched "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" and "Toy Story of Terror" together.  We let everyone stay up a little later since there is no school tomorrow.  I made sure to turn off our alarms!

No comments:

Post a Comment