Monday, May 1, 2017

Keeping Up With...Family Goals (April Recap & May Goals)

I can't believe April is over.  I feel like I lost the entire month.  For most of the month I was running like crazy, either catching up from something or getting ready for something else.  I have seriously spent the last week in total denial that May starts this week.  I know it often feels like time is flying by but this month really did fly!
My goals didn't really go as planned either due to lots of craziness.  I'm not upset that I didn't do everything I wanted to, I'm honestly just happy that we survived the month!  I'm not looking back (except to do this recap), I'm only looking forward.  I'm sure that May will be a calmer month and then it will be summer with little schedule and lots of fun!

Here's how I did with my April goals:
1.  Finish "Love the One You're With" and "Hungry Heart" - I did finish "Love the One You're With" but only read about 25% of "Hungry Heart."  I had some timing issues with borrowing the books from the library and ended up on the wait list for both of them with nothing to read.  So I started another book that I own "We're All Damaged" which is a really fun & quick read.  I'm about 50% thru that one so I got pretty close with this goal.  And I'm back on the waiting list for "Hungry Heart" so hopefully I'll finish it in May.
2.  Have family dinner every Sunday night and use AJ's conversation starters - We did this four times this month.  We didn't really do it on the 2nd since we were driving back from NJ, but we did have a lot of time together in the car and did a lot of chatting the whole week we were in NJ.  The things we talked about this month were:  our favorite part of Easter weekend, something we learned the past week, our plans for the summer and something we saw that day.
3.  Continue doing my week in review blog (4 posts for the month) - I did 4 this month which was the goal, but I'm actually missing one about Easter week.  I wrote it this weekend and just need to polish it up and publish it this week.
4.  Continue taking one picture each day and posting on Facebook (30 pictures for the month) - I did all 30 pictures this week.  Love this goal and how I have to look for the good in just about every day!
5.  Watch a movie every Friday night (4 movies for the month) - We only watched two movies this month:  "The Peanuts Movie" and the new "Ghostbusters."  We missed a week because of Easter and another week because of bad planning.  I'm hoping to get back to this goal this month.  We recorded a bunch of movies before we have to turn off our movie channels for our DirecTV subscription.
6.  Have one family board game night (1 special night for the month) - We did have a family board game night and have actually been playing a bunch of board games this month.  It has been a lot of fun!
7.  Have one family video game night (1 special night for the month) - We didn't do this during April.  I honestly didn't make any effort to do it.  The boys wanted to do this but they play a lot of video games on their own (while we are working around the house) so I like to do other things during our family time.
8.  Enjoy Easter weekend with my brother, sister in-law and nieces here visiting - We had a great visit with Jon, Rebecca, Luci and Antonia!!  It was a great weekend with family and lots of great food.  Look for my recap of that week in the next few days!
I didn't do that bad with my April goals.  I accomplished the big ones and at least made progress on all of them.  I'm really glad we had an awesome weekend with family for Easter - it was so nice after having the not fun time with all of them at the funeral.  We have spent the past two Easters with Jon so now we're thinking this should become our new tradition.  Now it's time to look ahead to next month.

Here's what I'll be focusing on for May:
1.  Finish "Hungry Heart" and "We're All Damaged" (2 of my 14 books for the year)
2.  Have family dinner every Sunday night and use AJ's conversation starters during in (4 dinners for the month)
3.  Continue doing my week in review blog (4 posts for the month)
4.  Continue taking one picture each day and posting on Facebook (31 pictures for the month)
5.  Watch a movie every Friday night (4 movies for the month)
6.  Have one family board game night (1 special night for the month)
7.  Have fun during our family camping trip in Hocking Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment