Monday, May 29, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for May 29 - June 4)

Last week went pretty well again, we mostly followed our meal plan.  We did decide to bump the BBQ to today since the weather looked bad for yesterday.  It didn't end up raining though so we could have cooked outside.  In the end, we stopped and picked up some food and shakes on our way home from the movie yesterday. 

It was fun to have a few nights off from cooking last week and this week I will have a few night off too.  We will celebrate AJ's 10th birthday this week so Friday, Saturday and Sunday are all his choices.  He mostly chose easy things to make, which is fine with me.  This week will also have the challenge of getting into a "routine" without a routine (school).  I'm sure we will fall into a pattern, we usually do, but the first week or so of summer break is always rough.  Our goal is to have as much fun as possible this summer!

I haven't been eating the most healthy food the past few days and this week will be hit or miss as well.  Next week I will stock back up on fruits and veggies and get back to tracking my calories.  I'm excited for all of the summer fruits to be in season and cheaper at the store.  Plus we will start hitting up a few local farmers' markets in the next few weeks.  Of course I will be balancing that out with all of our ice cream stops over the summer - all in moderation!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - BBQ of burgers, brats and dogs, plus corn on the cob
Tuesday - Meatball subs
Wednesday - Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai
Thursday - Unstuffed Cabbage
Friday - Tacos to celebrate AJ's birthday!
Saturday - Jets Pizza after AJ's birthday party
Sunday - Homemade pizza with my in-laws for AJ's birthday

Water Flavor - Orange again - we got a bag for free from my mother in law so I'm using them up before they go bad

Overnight Oats - We have a few servings left over from last week and this is a short week since Adrian is off today and on Friday so we're only making a few servings and we are making our old favorites - Original and Banana Chocolate Chip

Clean it out Challenge - Not a lot that I'm planning to use up this week.  I do have a head of cabbage and a spaghetti squash that I need to use so that's why I chose the meals I did for middle of the week.  We also have pizza sauce in the freezer so we'll use that up on Sunday instead of making new sauce.  I'm going to clean out the fridges this week and see what I need to use up next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment