Sunday, April 30, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for May 1 - May 7)

I did a great job of eating healthy and sticking to my calorie goal pretty much every day last week and I'm really proud of myself.  I didn't stick 100% to my menu plan but that's OK because it made this week very easy to plan and shop for.  I didn't know that Adrian had a happy hour one night so I didn't cook what we had planned that night, the boys and I ate pasta.  Then I forgot we had ham leftover from Easter so I used that to make soup for one night.  The soup was awesome, we enjoyed it for dinner one night and lunch the next day!

My plan was to start cleaning out the fridge this week but between carrying over three meals from last week and going camping Saturday night, there isn't a lot of wiggle room this week.  We also fixed our grill, filled our propane tanks and are planning on grilling out at least once every week.  I am not buying any new vegetables this week as I have a bunch to work with from last week.  Next week I will hopefully get back on the clean it out, use it up train!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Cauliflower Soup with Baked Kale Chips (carryover from last week)
Tuesday - Chicken Enchilada Casserole - we'll be eating at different times because of my work schedule and Daniel's baseball game.  Love the crock pot for nights like this.
Wednesday - Steak Salads with the leftover london broil from this weekend (eating on the run due to double soccer classes for the boys)
Thursday - Pizza Chicken Casserole (carryover from last week)
Friday - Chicken Sloppy Joes and salad (carryover from last week)
Saturday - Camping with our Cub Scout Pack
Sunday - Grilled Chicken with whatever veggies we have left to finish up

Water Flavor - Strawberry Mango (Yum!)

Overnight Oats Flavors - Original, Chocolate Peanut Butter, & Banana Chocolate Chip - it was SO nice to get back to eating these every morning this past week.  I have fallen into the habit of just making these 3 flavors.  Maybe I'll research a new one or two to try next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment