Saturday, May 13, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for May 15 - May 21)

Happy Mother's Day!!  In an effort to do "nothing" tomorrow I am getting my menu plan and grocery list together tonight.  We did great sticking to our plan last week, although it was a fairly easy week of cooking.  It wasn't my healthiest week of eating but it wasn't as bad as it could have been.  I'm buckling back down this week since most of our celebrations are over for a bit.  I'll hopefully do well until Memorial Day weekend, which is right around the corner!

I'm working on using up some of the vegetables that we have in the house this week.  I have two heads of cabbage that need to be used up and also two spaghetti squash, one I'll use this week and one next week.  I also have some farmer's cheese from Easter that needs to be used up so I'm using that on Tuesday.  It's a fairly light week, at least compared to the past two weeks, so I'll have some more time to cook this week.  I know I'll be complaining in a few weeks but I'm really looking forward to summer break and not having the school schedule for a few weeks!

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Meatball Subs for the kids & meatballs with Zoodles for the adults
Tuesday - Bruschetta with Caesar Salads
Wednesday - Kielbasa and Cabbage and Pierogies
Thursday - Italian Spaghetti Squash
Friday - Unstuffed Cabbage
Saturday - BBQ Chicken CasseroleBanana Chocolate Chip
Sunday - London Broil and Corn on the grill

Water Flavor - Mango - yes I know it's three weeks in a row.  It's still on sale and I love it!

Overnight Oats - I'm branching out this week with some new flavors!  I'll still be doing two favorites Original and Banana Chocolate Chip, which I'm making with peanut butter & chocolate chips and it's delicious.  I'm also trying out Apple Cinnamon and Peach Pie this week.  If we need one more flavor, I'll throw together a Chocolate Peanut Butter, which I've also tweaked a little (for the better) by using powdered peanut butter instead of regular peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment