Sunday, May 7, 2017

Keeping Up With...Food (Meal Plan for May 8 - May 14)

Another pretty good week in the books as far as healthy eating.  I hit a few bumps in the road but managed to mostly stay on course.  I did hit the wall on Thursday after two ridiculously busy days of running so I just had leftovers for dinner.  I just did not feel like cooking that night!  I probably could have done a pasta night since I'm usually ready for that but even that didn't sound good.  The meal I planned for that day got bumped to this week.

This week is a little crazy because we have something going on just about every night of the week.  And it's also Adrian's birthday on Weds and Mother's Day on Sun.  We're going to do our best to follow our plan and eat mostly healthy but as you will see, there are a lot of easy meals and also a night to eat out.  I'm trying to not stress myself out with cooking so I can enjoy the fun things we have planned!

I'm trying to start on the "use it up" plan this week so that is reflected in some of these meals.  Although that is hard because there were also specific requests for things this week and a few special occasions.  But I'm using up some deli ham that needs to be eaten soon on Weds, some wheat germ on Thurs and cabbage and rolls (in the freezer) on Sunday.  Next week I'll be continuing on this path, specifically using up all of the cabbage I don't use in the coleslaw and some farmers cheese leftover from Easter.

Here's what we're eating this week:
Monday - Pizza Chicken Casserole (carryover from last week)
Tuesday - Taco Tuesday
Wednesday - Subs as Salads at soccer and then ice cream cake to celebrate Adrian's birthday!
Thursday - Breakfast for dinner - Chocolate Chip Pancakes with fruit
Friday - Pasta night - Gnocchi and Tortellini Alfredo with salads for the adults
Saturday - Jets Pizza!
Sunday - BBQ of hamburgers, hot dogs and brats.  Plus homemade potato salad and coleslaw

Water Flavor - Strawberry Mango (again) - it's so good and mango is so cheap right now

Overnight Oats Flavors - Original, Chocolate Peanut Butter, & Banana Chocolate Chip

No comments:

Post a Comment