Thursday, May 11, 2017

Keeping up with...Family (Weekly Wrap 5/5 - 5/11)

Friday (5/5) started rough yet again after another rough night.  Both Daniel and Zak were too scared to sleep alone so Daniel and I slept in my room and Zak and Adrian slept in the spare bed.  We were all very slow getting up and moving but we made it.  I had a doctor's appointment so Adrian took the kids to school.  They brought flowers for their teachers for the last day of teacher appreciation week.  I went to the doctor and got all my annual check ups - everything looks good!
After I got back from the doctor and Zak got back from school, we played some Yoshi's Wooly World and then got ready for my barre class.  We picked up AJ and Daniel from school and headed to the Y.  I taught my class and then we came home for some video games, dinner and bedtime.  The boys were fighting with each other most of the night, I'm wondering if it's just because they are tired.  I'm really hoping for good sleep and better behavior tomorrow!

Saturday (5/6) once again didn't start out as planned.  We were all supposed to go to Hocking Hills to go hiking and camping with the cub scout pack.  We decided a few days ago that we wouldn't stay overnight, it's going to be VERY cold tonight!  But we planned to go hike as a family.  When we all got up, Daniel said his stomach was hurting and he wouldn't be able to go.  I'm not sure if it was an act or not but we didn't want to take the chance of being out in the woods with a sick kid so I stayed home with him and Zak while Adrian and AJ went.

After relaxing for a while, Daniel seemed OK so I took him and Zak to Zak's soccer class.  Zak did great, even scored a goal during the scrimmage.  We came home, had lunch and the boys played some video games while I got a bunch of stuff on my to do list done.  We took a break in the mid-afternoon to go to Target to shop for Adrian for his birthday next week.  Soon after we got home, Adrian called to say they were on their way back home.
Adrian and AJ had a good time at Hocking Hills hiking near Old Man's Cave.  AJ's favorite parts were the giant rock that he slid down and the waterfall.  He was really tired when he got home after the long hike and running around "chasing Zombies" with the other boys.  We all had dinner together and then decided to have family movie night since we missed it last night.  We watched the first "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie and it was fantastic!!  I really enjoyed it, one of my favorite superhero movies so far!
 

Sunday (5/7) started late for me as I finally got some sleep!  I slept in so late that we missed the first church service.  Since it's too hard to do second service with swimming, only Adrian went this week.  I stayed home with the boys to get a few things done then got all of us lunch.  I took them to swimming lessons at the Y while Adrian worked around the house.  When we all got back, the boys played while we worked.  And we got our whole to do list done for the first time in over a month!!  It feels so good to be caught up going into a super busy week.  We grilled an awesome dinner and enjoyed some wine with it.  Not a very exciting day but it was exactly what we all needed!

Monday (5/8) we were back to our normal routine - but only 3 more weeks!!  I got everyone up and out to school and then I ran a ton of errands.  I got just about all of my grocery shopping done for the week because it's a super busy one with lots of extra stuff.  I finished up in time to pick Zak up from school a little early because I was subbing a Zumba Toning class at the Y.  I forgot how much I love teaching that format!!  I may need to see if I can get it on the schedule soon.

Zak and I came home after class and our time seemed very limited.  We had a quick lunch, packed up new stuff and headed out to pick up AJ and Daniel before heading back to the Y for another Zumba class.  Adrian picked Daniel up from the Y because he had baseball practice before we would be able to get home.  I took Zak and AJ home for dinner and then tried to deal with all of the groceries I bought that morning.  We finished up the night with some snacks and TV and a fairly early bed time.  It was an exhausting Monday!

Tuesday (5/9) was a more routine day for us - school, work and a Silver Sneakers class.  Zak and I hung out at home in the afternoon, getting a few things done around the house.  We dodged rain drops and walked to pick up AJ and Daniel from school and then came home to have an early Taco Tuesday dinner before Adrian and Daniel headed to Daniel's baseball game and the rest of us headed to a Cub Scouts meeting.  Daniel's team won again, they are undefeated so far this year.  He didn't get a hit again but he made a few plays in the field.  AJ and his whole den of Webelos advanced to Arrow of Light.  He has worked very hard this year and I'm really proud of him and his dedication to Scouts.  He is looking forward to day camp and then more scouts in the fall.
 

Wednesday (5/10) Happy Birthday Adrian!!  Unfortunately we had a ridiculously busy day so we didn't get to celebrate very much.  He got up and out to work before any of us got up, we are really struggling with getting up in the mornings these days.  I got the boys up and out to school although we were late getting AJ and Daniel to school.  I was volunteering in their classrooms so I brought them in and then found out both of them had substitutes for the day.  Thankfully I know what to do so I did Math facts with Daniel's class and finished up the Math books in AJ's class.  I love being in the classes, probably only one more week of volunteering - only two more weeks of school!

After volunteering I came home and waited for Zak to get home from school.  I rested for a short time then got all of our stuff ready for the evening.  I wrapped Adrian's presents and packed up dinner for everyone.  Since it was looking like rain, Zak and I drove to pick up the other boys and we headed to the Y for my Zumba class.  Since I had gotten a few requests I decided to do a student request playlist - it was such a fun class!!  I finished up there and rushed down to soccer so Zak could do his last make up class and AJ and Daniel could do their regular class.  Adrian met us there and we all had dinner while watching the boys.

When we finally got home, we gave Adrian his presents.  We got him two new travel coffee mugs, two new shirts and two games - Yeti in my Spaghetti and Seven Wonders.  We played a quick game of Yeti in my Spaghetti which is actually a very fun game.  We laughed a ton and Zak ended up winning.  We finished the night with Oreo ice cream cake and then Survivor once the kids were in bed.  We plan to celebrate more this weekend by having a ton of family time.

 Thursday (5/11) was back to business as usual.  This week is feeling SO long!!  We got up and out to work and school on time today.  I wasn't ready for work so I came home after dropping everyone off, got a few things done and then headed out to teach my Silver Sneakers class and run a few quick errands.  I picked Zak up from school and he said he was tired and wanted to spend the day on the couch watching TV.  I couldn't help but agree with him, I am also very tired!  I got a few things done while snuggling with him which was nice.  Then about 2:00 I got an email that Daniel's baseball game was cancelled for tonight.  I have never been happier to have something cancel and get some free time!

I picked up AJ and Daniel from school, we got to walk since the rain held off.  When we got home, we played in the yard for a while and then since we had no commitments and no homework, I allowed the boys some video game time.  They were SO excited!  Adrian came home and did a bunch of things around the house - fixed the boys door, rehung a curtain, fixed our outside water spicket and arranged for installation of our new dishwasher.  We spent the rest of the night relaxing on the couch.  It was an unexpected yet glorious night "off."

No comments:

Post a Comment